• Owner of budgeting and quarterly forecasting process ensuring the process and submits are robust. The process should be continually reviewed for improvements.
• Delivery of budgets and forecasts to planned timescales for P&L and all KPI items, liaising with and challenging cost center managers where appropriate, demonstrating a detailed understanding of the business.
• Managing the submissions of P&L, KPI, Balance Sheet and Cashflow to Group Finance via group schedules.
• Providing monthly analysis and commentary on variance to budget/forecast/LY, understanding impacts and drivers
• Assisting with presentations and management reporting to deliver the analysis to Group on a monthly/quarterly basis either at total company or store group level
• Upload the budgets/forecasts into Oracle Financials.
• Responsibility for all capex investment proposals and post investment analysis, including (but not limited to) New Stores, Refits and Store lease renewals.
The above list is non-exhaustive and additional duties and analysis may be required.
• Passed finalist/Fully Qualified
• Prior experience of budgeting and forecasting key
• Prior experience of store investment proposals and analysis desired but not essential
• Ability to analyse and interpret financial data, providing management with clear recommendations to drive business decisions both accurately and logically
• A working knowledge of either Retail or FMCG preferred
• The proven ability to organise, priortise and manage time effectively, delivering accuracy at all times, in a fast paced environment
• Advanced Excel knowledge is essential
• Excellent communication skills
Candidate desired background:
• Strong FP&A analyst, previously operating under a FP&A manager, ready to take full ownership at a Senior Analyst level
• Strong FP&A analyst in a smaller retailer, move to gain exposure and experience in a larger retail environment
• Strong management accountant, with budgeting experience on their individual areas looking for a step up and exposure to overall company review
The Perfume Shop has 257 stores in the UK and Ireland and has been trading since 1992. Our parent company A.S Watson, which acquired us in 2005, is the largest Health and Beauty Retailer in Europe and Asia.
We are one of the UKs top fragrance retailers, and our vision is simply to be the customers first choice for fragrance purchases on the high street and online. We are best known as an employer for being placed successively in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work list from 2012 to 2015. For more information about working at The Perfume Shop visit www.theperfumeshopjobs.com.