• Ensure a clear business plan is in place for the Region supported by robust and practical strategies and actions that are clearly communicated, supported, monitored and evaluated
• Implement all Company tools and initiatives designed to improve sales performance e.g. store bonus; sales training, mystery shop, employee engagement, compliance
• Analyse all relevant information and reports, highlighting opportunities and risks, driving appropriate action as a consequence to ensure every Sales opportunity is maximised
• Lead, motivate and develop the Area Managers on their commercial understanding and decision making and empower them to lead, manage and develop their teams
• Maintain an awareness of external influences and changing local markets to realise opportunities and sales growth
• Maintain a network with key Head Office departments to contribute to the direction of the overall sales plan and profitability of the business
• Develop a culture of continuous improvement ensuring correct attitudes and processes are in place to deliver excellent service standards and expertise
• Be responsible for ensuring the engagement of your Regional team, identifying and taking action on areas for improvement
• Create a clear People plan that covers the development of individuals and teams to support succession throughout the Business
• Provide clear leadership and direction to the Regional Team, supporting by giving open and honest feedback
• Lead a culture of innovation within your Region, giving every member the confidence to contribute
• Analyse all relevant information provided, highlighting trends and risks and drive appropriate action and consequence
• Proactively manage costs and have appropriate controls in place to monitor, follow up and deliver within budget, inc. Payroll and Shrinkage
The above list is non-exhaustive and additional duties may be required
We have just over 270 stores in the UK and Ireland and have been trading since 1992. Our parent company A.S Watson is the largest Health and Beauty Retailer in Europe and Asia.
The Perfume Shop is one of the best known retailers on the high street for fragrance sales and is known best as an employer for being placed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to work for in the last 4 years. For more information about working at The Perfume Shop visit www.theperfumeshopjobs.com.