• Act as the first point of contact for day to day Store and retail employee HR queries at all levels by phone, email and in person, escalating to the HR Advisor where appropriate
• Provide basic guidance to Store Managers and employees on the HR policies and procedures contained within the People Book. This includes but is not limited to absence and attendance, performance, disciplinary and grievance, flexible working, maternity, paternity and parental leave. Escalate issues to the HR Advisers for advice and/or resolution as appropriate
• Support the HR Adviser(s) with the organisation of disciplinary and grievance hearing(s) for Store employees including the booking of venues, liaising with employees regarding diaries and work rotas, arranging dates, diary management, and issuing of all necessary formal paperwork to required timescales and deadlines
• Note take at all formal meetings as and when required
• Support the HR Advisers with investigations relating to Disciplinary issues. Support on Grievance issues
• Work with various other departments to gather supporting information for employee relations cases
• Support the HR Advisers with the management and progression of sickness absence cases liaising with Occupational Health and preparing employee referrals for review as required. Support the HR Manager on preparing paperwork and making arrangements for final absence reviews
• Support the HR Advisors in the production of data for Regional meetings and putting together information and presentations
• Ensure all employee relations trackers are kept up to date on a weekly basis
• Support the Senior HR Adviser (Head Office and Warehouse) in ensuring the HR policies and procedures are kept up to date, and legislatively compliant
• Support the Senior HR Adviser (Head Office and Warehouse) in ensuring that structure charts are kept up to date at least once per month
• Ensure all employee details are kept accurate and up to date both on file and on the HR systems including weekly scanning of paperwork into the system
• Work with the HR Services Team to ensure that the HR filing room is kept tidy with all paperwork filed appropriately, and that archiving takes place at least quarterly
• Contribute to all HR initiatives on topics such as Performance Management, Talent & Succession planning etc
• Support the rollout of the annual Engagement Survey
• Produce monthly and ad hoc reports as required
• Travel to store sites, as and when required across UK and ROI
The above list is non-exhaustive and additional duties may be required.
The Perfume Shop has just under 260 stores in the UK and Ireland and has been trading since 1992. Our parent company A.S Watson, which acquired us in 2005, is the largest Health and Beauty Retailer in Europe and Asia.
We are one of the UKs top fragrance retailers, and our vision is simply to be the customers first choice for fragrance purchases on the high street and online. We are best known as an employer for being placed successively in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work list from 2012 to 2015. For more information about working at The Perfume Shop visit www.theperfumeshopjobs.com.