We have a fantastic opportunity for an Allocator to join our allocations team. This opportunity is perfect for anyone looking to start their career in merchandising or allocation, or is interested in joining a leading high street retailer.
The purpose of this role will be to support the Merchandising team in ensuring that the right stock allocation is planned to each individual store by analysing each stores sales performance.
You will be:
• Responsible for reviewing and updating our replenishment system, ensuring all stores have the appropriate stock levels to achieve company sales budgets
• Maintaining minimum credible display stock levels in line with the bay layout, sales and store grading. Ensuring that stores are turning on appropriate stock cover
• Appropriately managing the stock of discontinued products
• Maintaining store and key line availability in line with company standards
• Working closely with branch merchandising to create store grades for allocation, as well as build awareness of store availability and branch cover reports
• Reacting to and making changes to the replenishment system for any promotional calendar changes or updates.
• Responsible for raising purchase orders for stock and communicating with suppliers in a timely manner
• Building key relationships with Stores and Area Managers, ensuring all stock queries are dealt with in timely manner
• Building relationships with Buying, Merchandising, Warehouse, Marketing, Audit and Systems to maximise flexibility and commitment
• Forecasting accurately for the weekly warehouse output plan throughout the year, to maximise sales and maintain store stock in line with company budgets
• Keying, updating and communicating price changes to stores, maintaining the centralised price book
• Allocating appropriate stock for new stores and re-sites
• Populating and interview key allocation reports on a daily basis, ensuring good housekeeping at all times
• Conducting regular store visits to gain commercial awareness of the market, brands and competitors
The above list is non-exhaustive and additional duties may be required
The Perfume Shop has just over just over 265 stores in the UK and Ireland and has been trading since 1992. Our parent company A.S Watson, which acquired us in 2005, is the largest Health and Beauty Retailer in Europe and Asia.
We are one of the UKs top fragrance retailers, and our vision is simply to be the customers first choice for fragrance purchases on the high street and online. We are best known as an employer for being placed successively in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work list. For more information about working at The Perfume Shop visit www.theperfumeshopjobs.com.