WAREHOUSE MHE TRAINER | DUNSTABLE
We’re looking for an outstanding MHE Trainer to join our Warehouse team and play a key role taking ownership of and deliver all MHE and safety training requirements for The Perfume Shop, all to a high standard whilst focusing on safety and quality
You’ll train and audit all onsite MHE trained operators and equipment including MHE, LLOP, Trammer, Reach Truck, Counterbalance, Powered Pallet Trucks and Scissor lifts in line with the AS Watson standards, whilst assisting with other H&S related tasks where appropriate.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Make sure all equipment training is completed, updated, and recorded on our system, whilst keeping the training in line with our policies.
- Coordinate the service and maintenance schedules for all assigned MHE (LLOP, Trammer, Reach Truck, Counterbalance, Scissor lift) including reviewing damage and incident reports. Liaising with the Department Managers on a regular basis to ensure all site training requirements are covered across all shifts.
- Regularly liaise with the AS Watson Health & Safety team, to ensure you are providing appropriate basic health & safety and manual equipment training to employees e.g. use of pallet trucks.
- Monitor our MHE operators’ compliance with the Health and Safety Guidelines. Being accountable for arranging and facilitating training and refresher training for the MHE Operators within the required timeframes.
- Maintain high standards of Health and Safety and housekeeping standards in line with Company Policy, complying with current legislation, training requirements and actively promote awareness and reporting.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- A high attention to detail, especially when dealing with health and safety procedures.
- A positive and caring attitude to the role, especially when training staff.
- A RTITB Instructor accreditation (renewed every 5 years)
- An outstanding example of safety awareness to your co-workers, with previous MHE operator experience.
- Experience of operating multiple MHE (LLOP, Trammer, Reach Truck, Counterbalance, Powered Pallet Trucks, Scissor lift).
WHAT YOU’LL GAIN
- Discretionary Bonus – We love to share our success with you!
- Access to our ‘Benefits Bottled’ platform full of scentsational benefits.
- Buy & Sell Holiday scheme, Life Assurance, and beneficiary’s programme.
- 20% staff discount, as well as discounts at Superdrug and Three Mobile.
- Round the clock support from our partnership with RetailTrust.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- 33 days holiday with the option to buy additional days.
OUR HIRING PROCESS
- You find or get sent this job advert, read it, and feel like you’re the perfect person.
- You send in your application to let us know you’re interested.
- We see your application, get excited, and give you a call.
- You’ll meet us twice, and we’ll get to know each other
- You’ll begin your journey with us and let everyone know how great your new job is.
“We’re a sociable bunch of down-to-earth people, who enjoy our work and each other’s company”
Agencies: We are not accepting speculative CV’s or profiles and kindly request that you refrain from contacting us.
The Perfume Shop does not, under any circumstances, make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of any prohibited ground, including but not limited to race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law or prohibited by Company policy. The Perfume Shop is committed to a healthy, safe and inviting work environment where harassment of any kind will not be tolerated.
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply