The purpose of this role is to drive Employee Engagement across the business, by delivering a great Talent Strategy that supports both the attraction and retention of TALENT and therefore ensuring that TPS is fit for the future!
A typical day in this role includes:
- Develop and deliver strategies to position The Perfume Shop as an employer of choice, with recognition from appropriate external bodies, eg Times Top 100 Places to Work, etc.
- Ensure the Reward and Benefits strategy is in keeping with an attractive TPS Employee Value Proposition and competitive within the marketplace for retail
- Drive a Diversity, Equity & Inclusion strategy
- Build the brand… review and refresh the TPS Employer Brand to keep modern, relevant and recognisable in the market
- Develop our Talent Acquisition practices to support external hires
- Design and promote the use of relevant, effective Performance Management processes to support performance improvement throughout the business
- Monitor and recommend a Pay Strategy to ensure TPS is competitive and attractive in the market
- Create Reward and Recognition systems to highlight and recognise talents and behaviours
- Develop a Social Strategy in conjunction with Internal Comms to promote the Employer Brand and attract talent to the business
- Design Internal Succession processes to support our Grow Our Own mantra, and which are visible accessible and effective
- Employee Resourcing and Sourcing
- Change manager
- Organisational behaviour
- Future skills and talents
- The above list is non-exhaustive and additional duties may be required
This job is a good fit for you if you:
- Believe passionately in the role talent plays in driving culture and performance
- Some understanding of motivational leavers that drive performance that engage employees
- Enjoy maintaining up to date knowledge on current trends
- Enjoy writing good quality engaging communication
- Are a strong communicator
What you’ll need:
- Good MS Office Skills, specifically excel
- Ability to write clear, effective communication
- Great active listening skills and ability to interpret information correctly
- Able to organize workload independently
- Likely to be working in a reward and benefits role and looking for your next step
Culture and Reward
The Perfume Shop is the largest single category fragrance retailer in the UK.
We’ve been on the Best Companies to Work For list, been awarded #7 in Top-Rated Retail Workplaces, and won the 2019 Online Retailer of the Year Award.
Our passion for people is what drives and enables us to create a thriving, collaborative workplace for our colleagues, in our stores, head office and warehouse.
People are at the heart of everything we do. This is not a job, it’s a career.
"People Power" as we call it, is our never-ending drive to support, grow and develop our talented teams. We reward our people for their continuous commitment in several ways:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays with the option to buy additional days;
- 20% off our products in store & online plus additional discounts with our partners including Superdrug and Three Mobile;
- Health benefits including flu jabs, eye care vouchers and life assurance;
- #GrowOurOwn – exclusive access to our e-Learning platform (including professional qualifications and memberships);
- Round the clock support from our partnership with RetailTrust – unlimited access to our well-being portal where you can tailor the content to suit your needs;
- Discretionary Bonus – We love to share our success with you!
INTERESTED IN A CAREER AT THE PERFUME SHOP? APPLY TODAY!
Agencies: We are not accepting speculative CV’s or profiles and kindly request that you refrain from contacting us.
The Perfume Shop does not, under any circumstances, make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of any prohibited ground, including but not limited to race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law or prohibited by Company policy. The Perfume Shop is committed to a healthy, safe and inviting work environment where harassment of any kind will not be tolerated.
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply