TALENT. PASSION. SPARK
Contracted hours: 37.5 hours per week
The Perfume Shop is the largest single category fragrance retailer in the UK. We’ve been on the Best Companies to Work For list, been awarded #7 in Top-Rated Retail Workplaces, and won the 2019 Online Retailer of the Year Award.
Our passion for people is what drives and enables us to create a thriving, collaborative workplace for our colleagues, in our stores, head office and warehouse.
We’re looking for you; talented people with passion and spark to help achieve our vision of being the first choice for fragrance purchases on the high street and online.
People are at the heart of everything we do. This is not a job, it’s a career.
The purpose of this role is to manage The Perfume Shop’s Merchandising Systems, Processes and team members to support the commercial and financial objectives of the business by delivering the company’s stock and product availability targets.
THIS JOB IS A GOOD FIT FOR YOU IF YOU
- Are highly experienced in all aspects of Merchandising
- Have previous team management experience with the ability to lead an efficient team
- Have experience of working closely with strategic suppliers
- Are results driven
- Have strong numerical and analytical skills
- Are commercially aware
- Have the drive and ability to deliver key Merchandising projects to the required timescales
- Have experience with Allocation and Replenishment systems
- Leading and managing the Senior Merchandisers to ensure the consistent delivery of KPI’s in addition to supporting the achievement of key business objectives, including sales and EBIT, whilst providing ongoing support for the overall core Merchandising team where required
- Working in close coordination with the Allocation team to ensure end-to-end merchandising processes are efficient and effective in managing availability and stock holding
- Oversee the collaborative Merchandising and Logistics activity, ensuring this is aligned to the plans in place to support the relevant strategies, and acting as the escalation point for complex queries or concerns
- Assessing reporting requirements for the Core Merchandising team, whilst creating and producing accurate and relevant management reports for key projects which drive improvement actions and regular insights with the remainder of the team
- Analysing the top line performance and providing key feedback and direction to the Seniors Merchandisers and Buyers, including but not limited to promotional planning, WSSI planning, new launches, OTB management
- Support the Senior Merchandisers with identifying and delivering areas for enhancement surrounding the demand forecasting and supplier ordering processes in Slimstock, ensuring you actively understand and influence the Allocation aspects
- Managing the line and WSSI planning processes in IP planning, identifying areas for enhancement where necessary and providing regular feedback to the relevant teams
- Managing the peak stock processes including the supplier’s stock build, store’s stock build, and reactivity to trading performance and OTB management
- Acting as a key escalation point for the management of supplier performance ensuring you support and provide direction to the team in resolving any complex concerns
- Supporting the Head of Merchandising in the analysis required to generate and refine the stock budgets in line with the overall budget and QF cycle, ensuring you share insights and gain input from the Senior Merchandisers
- Leading, planning and delivering projects, ensuring you represent the Merchandising team and provide regular updates to the relevant team members and assign tasks to others where appropriate
CULTURE & REWARD
"People Power" as we call it, is our never-ending drive to support, grow and develop our talented teams. We reward our people for their continuous commitment in several ways:
- Pension scheme;
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays;
- 20% off our products in store & online plus additional discounts with our partners including Superdrug and Three Mobile;
- Health benefits including flu jabs, eye care vouchers and life assurance;
- #GrowOurOwn – exclusive access to our e-Learning platform (including professional qualifications and memberships);
- Give As You Earn to support the causes important to you;
- Round the clock support from our partnership with RetailTrust – unlimited access to our well-being portal where you can tailor the content to suit your needs;
- Discretionary Bonus – We love to share our success with you!
Interested in a career at The Perfume Shop? Apply today!
Agencies: We are not accepting speculative CV’s or profiles and kindly request that you refrain from contacting us.
The Perfume Shop does not, under any circumstances, make
hiring or employment decisions on the basis of any prohibited ground, including
but not limited to race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or
national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation,
disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by
law or prohibited by Company policy. The Perfume Shop is committed to a
healthy, safe and inviting work environment where harassment of any kind will
not be tolerated.
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply