TALENT. PASSION. SPARK
Contracted hours: 37.5 hours per week
The Perfume Shop is the largest single category fragrance retailer in the UK. We’ve been on the Best Companies to Work For list, been awarded #7 in Top-Rated Retail Workplaces, and won the 2019 Online Retailer of the Year Award.
Our passion for people is what drives and enables us to create a thriving, collaborative workplace for our colleagues, in our stores, head office and warehouse.
We’re looking for you; talented people with passion and spark to help achieve our vision of being the first choice for fragrance purchases on the high street and online.
People are at the heart of everything we do. This is not a job, it’s a career.
The purpose of this role is to support the People Manager – Head Office & Warehouse in delivering an effective, timely and commercially focused HR generalist service to the Head Office teams.
- Act as the first point of contact for all day to day people queries for Head Office, providing coaching and advice on people related issues including but not limited to Disciplinary and Grievance issues, absence management and performance management, escalating complex queries to the People Manager – Head Office & Warehouse.
- Keep up to date with employment legislation, ensuring all HR policies and procedures are accurate by reviewing once per month, and briefing the wider People Team when required
- Work with employees and line managers to ensure HR policies and processes are applied fairly and consistently
- Build the HR skills and capability of Line Managers and new starters when needed through facilitation, guidance and training
- Manage the Flexible Working process for Head Office employees
- Manage Family Friendly Policies and processes, ensuring employees and line managers are kept up to date and supported throughout
- Consistently manage absence by offering support, conducting analysis and completing medical report requests and Occupational Health referrals in a timely manner
- Monitor the induction of new starters and internal transfers, providing coaching to Line Managers on objective setting and ensuring all associated paperwork is completed correctly
- Attend and note taking at formal meetings when needed, ensuring comprehensive notes are taken and outcome letters are issued according to Company timescales
- Provide all relevant paperwork to the People Services Manager in time for each payroll and ensure changes to employee status are communicated to the Payroll team in a timely manner
- Update the organizational charts and People Update spreadsheet when required, ensuring details relating to new starters, job changes and leavers are correct
- Contribute to people initiatives and projects when required, including but not limited to employee engagement and wellbeing
- Produce reports with analysis as required, sharing any insight and feedback when needed with the wider team
CULTURE & REWARD
"People Power" as we call it, is our never-ending drive to support, grow and develop our talented teams. We reward our people for their continuous commitment in several ways:
- Pension scheme;
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays;
- 20% off our products in store & online plus additional discounts with our partners including Superdrug and Three Mobile;
- Health benefits including flu jabs, eye care vouchers and life assurance;
- #GrowOurOwn – exclusive access to our e-Learning platform (including professional qualifications and memberships);
- Give As You Earn to support the causes important to you;
- Round the clock support from our partnership with RetailTrust – unlimited access to our well-being portal where you can tailor the content to suit your needs;
- Discretionary Bonus – We love to share our success with you!
Interested in a career at The Perfume Shop? Apply today!
Agencies: We are not accepting speculative CV’s or profiles and kindly request that you refrain from contacting us.
The Perfume Shop does not, under any circumstances, make
hiring or employment decisions on the basis of any prohibited ground, including
but not limited to race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or
national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation,
disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by
law or prohibited by Company policy. The Perfume Shop is committed to a
healthy, safe and inviting work environment where harassment of any kind will
not be tolerated.
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply