TALENT. PASSION. SPARK
Contracted hours: 37.5 hours per week
The Perfume Shop is the largest single category fragrance retailer in the UK. We’ve been on the Best Companies to Work For list, been awarded #7 in Top-Rated Retail Workplaces, and won the 2019 Online Retailer of the Year Award.
Our passion for people is what drives and enables us to create a thriving, collaborative workplace for our colleagues, in our stores, head office and warehouse.
We’re looking for you; talented people with passion and spark to help achieve our vision of being the first choice for fragrance purchases on the high street and online.
People are at the heart of everything we do. This is not a job, it’s a career.
The purpose of this role is to lead the Infrastructure & Support teams in providing a stable and resilient service to The Perfume Shop.
- Managing, planning and administering the operational and administrative activities associated with Retalix Storeline (EPOS Software), providing upgrades to existing and new equipment to meet the requirements of the business
- Overseeing and leading your teams in monitoring server capacity to ensure all systems are able to deliver the service they were commissioned for, advising and guiding on upgrades or replacements
- Ensuring all centrally maintained systems are backed up to meet the agreed cycle, maintaining the schedule and adding new systems as they come into production
- Ensuring all tapes and back up data are stored securely offsite or in the cloud and that an accurate log is maintained
- Overseeing the process of polling on all channels to The Perfume Shop’s ERP systems to maintain an accurate view of stock and sales
- Overseeing the design and development of the network infrastructure, which is administered by AS Watson to ensure it meets the business needs and maintains Group standards
- Acting as a technical consultant on any projects relating to Windows and server infrastructure to ensure best practices are followed and that new systems are in line with the AS Watson IT strategy
- Taking accountability for system security, ensuring you act as an expert at all times
- Being accountable for changes affecting the infrastructure, ensuring that they are implemented in a controlled and auditable manner. Overseeing all hardware and software upgrade projects, ensuring you work with the Lead Project Manager where relevant
- Designing and developing the disaster recovery plan, ensuring the business is able to recover systems in a timely manner where required
- Supporting the IT Director by inputting and designing the strategy for The Perfume Shop ‘s communications hardware and software
- Producing specifications for new or modified systems, testing where applicable to ensure they are operating reliably and with optimal performance
- Managing your direct reports by developing, coaching, and mentoring them, taking ownership for conducting regular one to one meetings and appraisals in a timely manner, setting clear and achievable objectives and ensuring development plans are in place
- Identifying and reporting any common complex queries within your teams, identifying patterns, documenting them appropriately and suggesting appropriate use of new technology to remedy where necessary, whilst delivering training to other team members to increase efficiencies
CULTURE & REWARD
"People Power" as we call it, is our never-ending drive to support, grow and develop our talented teams. We reward our people for their continuous commitment in several ways:
- Pension scheme;
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays;
- 20% off our products in store & online plus additional discounts with our partners including Superdrug and Three Mobile;
- Health benefits including flu jabs, eye care vouchers and life assurance;
- #GrowOurOwn – exclusive access to our e-Learning platform (including professional qualifications and memberships);
- Give As You Earn to support the causes important to you;
- Round the clock support from our partnership with RetailTrust – unlimited access to our well-being portal where you can tailor the content to suit your needs;
- Discretionary Bonus – We love to share our success with you!
Interested in a career at The Perfume Shop? Apply today!
Agencies: We are not accepting speculative CV’s or profiles and kindly request that you refrain from contacting us.
The Perfume Shop does not, under any circumstances, make
hiring or employment decisions on the basis of any prohibited ground, including
but not limited to race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or
national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation,
disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by
law or prohibited by Company policy. The Perfume Shop is committed to a
healthy, safe and inviting work environment where harassment of any kind will
not be tolerated.
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply