TALENT. PASSION. SPARK
Contracted hours: 37.5 hours per week
The Perfume Shop is the largest single category fragrance retailer in the UK. We’ve been on the Best Companies to Work For list, been awarded #7 in Top-Rated Retail Workplaces, and won the 2019 Online Retailer of the Year Award.
Our passion for people is what drives and enables us to create a thriving, collaborative workplace for our colleagues, in our stores, head office and warehouse.
We’re looking for you; talented people with passion and spark to help achieve our vision of being the first choice for fragrance purchases on the high street and online.
People are at the heart of everything we do. This is not a job, it’s a career.
The purpose of this role is to assist the Accounts Payable Team in ensuring all invoices and credit notes are accurately and timely processed, whilst raising, investigating and resolving concerns in a timely manner, in line with the Department’s SLAs.
- Being responsible for accurately coding and processing all invoices and credit notes through the document scanning platform, ensuring all details are correctly captured before forwarding it to the appropriate person for approval
- Ensuring all rejected invoices are actioned and resolved
- Ensuring all Accounts Receivable invoices are raised in a timely manner
- Being accountable for setting up suppliers in line with AS Watson’s policies
- Allocating all payments and receipts correctly to invoices and suppliers
- Monitoring suppliers with the debit balances, ensuring you take action to clear them in a timely manner
- Being accountable for the accurate and timely processing of employee expenses for payment
- Building and maintaining positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, communicating with them regularly about the status of payments, raising any actions that are required prior to payment, and investigating and resolving any queries
- Preparing weekly payment runs
- Ensuring monthly supplier statement reconciliations are prepared in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensuring the reconciliation of the Accounts Payable and Receivable ledgers is conducted, ensuring any discrepancies are investigated
- Supporting the Management Accountant Teams with month end close, reporting and analysis
- Assisting with the preparation of the Year End audit
- Ensuring you adhere to AS Watson policies at all times
CULTURE & REWARD
"People Power" as we call it, is our never-ending drive to support, grow and develop our talented teams. We reward our people for their continuous commitment in several ways:
- Pension scheme;
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays;
- 20% off our products in store & online plus additional discounts with our partners including Superdrug and Three Mobile;
- Health benefits including flu jabs, eye care vouchers and life assurance;
- #GrowOurOwn – exclusive access to our e-Learning platform (including professional qualifications and memberships);
- Give As You Earn to support the causes important to you;
- Round the clock support from our partnership with RetailTrust – unlimited access to our well-being portal where you can tailor the content to suit your needs;
- Discretionary Bonus – We love to share our success with you!
Interested in a career at The Perfume Shop? Apply today!
Agencies: We are not accepting speculative CV’s or profiles and kindly request that you refrain from contacting us.
The Perfume Shop does not, under any circumstances, make
hiring or employment decisions on the basis of any prohibited ground, including
but not limited to race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or
national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation,
disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by
law or prohibited by Company policy. The Perfume Shop is committed to a
healthy, safe and inviting work environment where harassment of any kind will
not be tolerated.
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply