TALENT. PASSION. SPARK
Contracted hours: 37.5
The Perfume Shop is the largest single category fragrance retailer in the UK. We’ve been on the Best Companies to Work For list, been awarded #7 in Top-Rated Retail Workplaces, and won the 2019 Online Retailer of the Year Award.
Our passion for people is what drives and enables us to create a thriving, collaborative workplace for our colleagues, in our stores, head office and warehouse.
We’re looking for you; talented people with passion and spark to help achieve our vision of being the first choice for fragrance purchases on the high street and online.
People are at the heart of everything we do. This is not a job, it’s a career.
The purpose of this role is to manage The Perfume Shop’s Merchandising Systems, Processes and Team Members to support the commercial and financial objectives of the business by delivering the company’s stock and product availability targets. This role also involves working closely with other teams to ensure the Trading Strategy is translated into an effective Merchandising strategy which delivers sales, stock and profit targets.
- Managing key suppliers alongside Buying counterparts; managing forecasts, promotions, new buy ins, markdowns, budgets and availability
- Managing merchandising activities to ensure there is consistent delivery of relevant department KPI’s in addition to supporting the achievement of key business objectives, including sales and EBIT
- Providing direction, management and coaching to the Merchandising team to ensure they are able to meet the requirements of their roles
- Producing timely, accurate and relevant management reports which drive improvement actions
- Managing the Slimstock demand forecasting and supplier ordering systems and processes, identifying areas for enhancement as necessary
- Managing team-wide processes to drive positive change; including the Slow Moving Stock process to ensure that levels are controlled within agreed targets; the pullbacks process and timetable to ensure inventory is re-balanced within the stores network
- Managing supplier performance to ensure that stock is delivered on time and in full, ensuing a corrective action plan is put in place in the event of poor supplier performance to resolve this
- In conjunction with the Head of Merchandising generate and refine stock budgets in line with the budget and QF cycle
- Having close co-ordination of activity with the Logistics Team to ensure that Merchandising decisions are aligned to the efficient execution of logistics activity
- Maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders through appropriate communication and collaboration
CULTURE & REWARD
"People Power" as we call it, is our never-ending drive to support, grow and develop our talented teams. We reward our people for their continuous commitment in several ways:
- Pension scheme;
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays;
- 20% off our products in store & online plus additional discounts with our partners including Superdrug and Three Mobile;
- Health benefits including flu jabs, eye care vouchers and life assurance;
- #GrowOurOwn – exclusive access to our e-Learning platform (including professional qualifications and memberships);
- Give As You Earn to support the causes important to you;
- Round the clock support from our partnership with RetailTrust – unlimited access to our well-being portal where you can tailor the content to suit your needs;
- Discretionary Bonus – We love to share our success with you!
Interested in a career at The Perfume Shop? Apply today!
Agencies: We are not accepting speculative CV’s or profiles and kindly request that you refrain from contacting us.
The Perfume Shop does not, under any circumstances, make
hiring or employment decisions on the basis of any prohibited ground, including
but not limited to race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or
national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation,
disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by
law or prohibited by Company policy. The Perfume Shop is committed to a
healthy, safe and inviting work environment where harassment of any kind will
not be tolerated.
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply