Trainee Assistant Merchandiser
The purpose of this role is to support the Merchandiser on managing suppliers, accurately forecasting trends, planning stock levels and continuously monitoring performance. This role also involves ensuring there is maximum stock availability and sales whilst keeping stock levels within the company parameters.
This is a full time permanent position working at our Head Office in High Wycombe, Bucks.
A typical day in this role includes:
- Being accountable for supporting the Merchandiser with the management of team suppliers and brands
- Building key relationships within the supply chain to maximise flexibility and commitment to ensure all our orders are scheduled, planned and delivered on time
- Identifying and resolving supply chain issues in a timely manner and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed on the progress
- Planning order quantities for continuity lines using the planning system, keeping the business informed of all stock availability issues
- Producing and distributing monthly sales reports to suppliers and produce monthly WSSI meeting information in time for monthly team meetings
- Producing regular analysis on promotions, suppliers and products and share findings and insights with the team and key stakeholders
- Analysing best sellers and promotions on a weekly basis to ensure they reach their full potential and that analysis supports informed decision making, ensuring you communicate the results to the Buying and Merchandising team in a timely manner
- Communicating the Merchandiser's strategy on product regularly to the Allocation team to ensure there is effective stock management
- Conducting regular reviews with the Allocation team following all promotion and incentive activity to review any outstanding stock actions, ongoing stock levels and allocation
- Undertaking additional responsibilities as directed, including the production of ad hoc reports and providing cover for the wider team as and when required
This list is non exhaustive and other ad-hoc duties may be required.
This job is a good fit for you if you:
- Are a great team player
- You have excellent attention to detail and numeracy skills
What you’ll need:
- Basic MS Office skills, particularly in Excel
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- The ability to manage your time, handle multiple activities, establish priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate with others to achieve goals
- Ability to demonstrate a proactive and enthusiastic approach in completing tasks and providing solutions to problems
- Analytical skills
- Commercial awareness
Our culture & rewards:
"People Power" as we call it, is our never-ending drive to support, grow and develop our talented teams. We reward our people for their continuous commitment in several ways:
- Pension scheme;
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays;
- 20% off our products in store & online plus additional discounts with our partners including Superdrug and Three Mobile;
- Health benefits including flu jabs, eye care vouchers and life assurance;
- #GrowOurOwn – exclusive access to our e-Learning platform (including professional qualifications and memberships);
- Give As You Earn to support the causes important to you;
- Round the clock support from our partnership with RetailTrust – unlimited access to our well-being portal where you can tailor the content to suit your needs;
- Discretionary Bonus – We love to share our success with you!
Interested in a career at The Perfume Shop? Apply today!
Agencies: We are not accepting speculative CV’s or profiles and kindly request that you refrain from contacting us.
The Perfume Shop does not, under any circumstances, make
hiring or employment decisions on the basis of any prohibited ground, including
but not limited to race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or
national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation,
disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by
law or prohibited by Company policy. The Perfume Shop is committed to a
healthy, safe and inviting work environment where harassment of any kind will
not be tolerated.
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply