Working with the Senior FP&A Analyst, the purpose of this role is to deliver the budgeting and forecasting cycles, challenging and delivering insight into the KPI and P&L trends. This role is also responsible for delivering store investment analytics to enable decision making and gain approval.
WE ARE CURRENTLY WORKING "SMART" ACROSS THE BUSINESS WHICH MEANS WE ARE ADOPTING A BLENDED APPROACH TO WORKING BOTH AT HOME AND AT OUR HEAD OFFICE, ALLOWING FLEXIBILITY FOR ALL OF OUR EMPLOYEES.
A typical day in this role includes…
- Being responsible for delivering budgets and forecasts to planned timescales for P&L and all KPI items, liaising with and challenging cost centre managers where appropriate, demonstrating a detailed understanding of the business
- Assisting in completing the P&L, KPI, Balance Sheet and Cashflow to Group Finance via group schedules
- Ensuring the budgets and forecasts are uploaded into Oracle Financials in a timely manner
- Taking ownership for all lease renewals and stockroom approvals, ensuring approval gained in a timely manner
- Assisting in modelling capex investment proposals and post investment analysis, including but not limited to new stores and refits
- Being a key point of contact for Group Finance, responding to queries in an accurate and timely manner
- Delivering period end reporting packs to the management teams
- Analysing and interpreting financial data, providing management with clear recommendations to drive business decisions both accurately and logically
- Acting as Finance Buddy for an Area, building relationships and helping Area and Store managers to better understand their financials and key drivers
The above list is non-exhaustive and
additional duties may be required
This role is a good fit for you if you…
- A strong FP&A analyst in a smaller retailer, or;
- A strong Management Accountant with budgeting experience who is seeking a step up and exposure, or;
- A Data analyst who is used to compiling data to spot trends & deliver analysis to aid decision making
- Have previous budgeting and forecasting experience
- Are motivated by the desire to continuously improve and to achieve brilliant results
- You love learning and see this as a fantastic opportunity to expand your knowledge and skills
What you’ll need…
- Ability to analyse and interpret financial data
- Demonstrable ability to organise, priortise and manage time effectively, delivering accuracy at all times, in a fast-paced environment
- Good Excel skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Experience in one or more of the top ERP systems, preferably Oracle Financials would be an advantage
- You will have excellent attention to detail and strong analytical, numerical, multi-tasking and problem solving skills
Culture & Reward...
The Perfume Shop is the largest single category fragrance retailer in the UK.
We’ve been on the Best Companies to Work For list, been awarded #7 in Top-Rated Retail Workplaces, and won the 2019 Online Retailer of the Year Award.
Our passion for people is what drives and enables us to create a thriving, collaborative workplace for our colleagues, in our stores, head office and warehouse.
People are at the heart of everything we do. This is not a job, it’s a career.
"People Power" as we call it, is our never-ending drive to support, grow and develop our talented teams. We reward our people for their continuous commitment in several ways:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays with the option to buy additional days;
- 20% off our products in store & online plus additional discounts with our partners including Superdrug and Three Mobile;
- Health benefits including flu jabs, eye care vouchers and life assurance;
- #GrowOurOwn – exclusive access to our e-Learning platform (including professional qualifications and memberships);
- Round the clock support from our partnership with RetailTrust – unlimited access to our well-being portal where you can tailor the content to suit your needs;
- Discretionary Bonus – We love to share our success with you!
Interested in a career at The Perfume
Shop? Apply today!
Agencies: We are not accepting speculative CV’s or profiles and kindly request that you refrain from contacting us.
The Perfume Shop does not, under any circumstances, make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of any prohibited ground, including but not limited to race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law or prohibited by Company policy. The Perfume Shop is committed to a healthy, safe and inviting work environment where harassment of any kind will not be tolerated.
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply