Buying Insight Analyst
The purpose of this role is to support the category Buying team in a range of analytical, administrative and practical tasks. This role will also have responsibility for collecting data on consumers, competitors and the marketplace whilst consolidating information into actionable items, reports and presentations.
A typical day in this role includes…
- Sourcing and collating data for analysis from internal and external sources for interpretation and analysis
- Supporting key managers within the business through presenting complex data in a clear, concise and visual way with actions and insights including taking responsibility for post promotion analysis
- Owning the responsibility for conducting post promotion analysis, reviewing the findings in line with the promotions calendar and providing feedback to the business
- Supporting the Buyers with accurate supplier analysis to drive growth, across promotions, new launches, base growth and new projects
- Defining success metrics, creating dashboards and reporting processes to drive actionable insights in line with The Perfume Shop’s strategy
- Managing, designing and maintaining existing reports
- Updating and complete sales and gross margin reports in line with deadlines
- Supporting the team in delivery of key objectives, including but not limited to margin and sales
- Evaluating market trends and draw conclusions from data analysis, to make recommendation to the team
- Conducting competitor analysis and maintaining a good knowledge of changes in the industry and possible implications to The Perfume Shop ensuring we remain one step ahead of the competition
- Fostering a test-and-experiment environment within the Department
- Ensuring you have a good understanding of our stores and how they trade
- Maintaining a good national and regional awareness of who The Perfume Shop’s customers are and what appeals to them
The above list is non-exhaustive and additional duties may be required
This role is a good fit for you if you…
- Have a passion for retail, customers and are results driven
- Are confident in working with large data sets to provide clear analysis and recommendations
- Enjoy working cross functionally to share findings and align strategies
- Would like to progress your own skillset through continuous learning to adopt new analytical approaches
- Thrive in a collaborative team environment
What you’ll need…
- Strong numerical and analytical skills with the ability to interpret and communicate complex data
- Ability to analyse large data sets and draw clear conclusions
- Competent in using all Microsoft Office packages
- Demonstrable accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong organisational, prioritisation and time management skills with the ability to manage your own workload
- Team player
- Ability to tell a story through data
- Problem solver able to support decision markers business related questions using the data provided
Culture & Reward...
The Perfume Shop is the largest single category fragrance retailer in the UK.
We’ve been on the Best Companies to Work For list, been awarded #7 in Top-Rated Retail Workplaces, and won the 2019 Online Retailer of the Year Award.
Our passion for people is what drives and enables us to create a thriving, collaborative workplace for our colleagues, in our stores, head office and warehouse.
People are at the heart of everything we do. This is not a job, it’s a career.
"People Power" as we call it, is our never-ending drive to support, grow and develop our talented teams. We reward our people for their continuous commitment in several ways:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays with the option to buy additional days;
- 20% off our products in store & online plus additional discounts with our partners including Superdrug and Three Mobile;
- Health benefits including flu jabs, eye care vouchers and life assurance;
- #GrowOurOwn – exclusive access to our e-Learning platform (including professional qualifications and memberships);
- Round the clock support from our partnership with RetailTrust – unlimited access to our well-being portal where you can tailor the content to suit your needs;
- Discretionary Bonus – We love to share our success with you!
Interested in a career at The Perfume
Shop? Apply today!
Agencies: We are not accepting speculative CV’s or profiles and kindly request that you refrain from contacting us.
The Perfume Shop does not, under any circumstances, make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of any prohibited ground, including but not limited to race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law or prohibited by Company policy. The Perfume Shop is committed to a healthy, safe and inviting work environment where harassment of any kind will not be tolerated.
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply