Buying Assistant - 12 month FTC
The purpose of this role is to support the Buyers with everyday tasks and to build strong relationships with The Perfume Shop’s suppliers, delivering appropriate information as required to support product decisions.
WE ARE CURRENTLY WORKING "SMART" ACROSS THE BUSINESS WHICH MEANS WE ARE ADOPTING A BLENDED APPROACH TO WORKING BOTH AT HOME AND AT OUR HEAD OFFICE, ALLOWING FLEXIBILITY FOR ALL OF OUR EMPLOYEES.
A typical day in this role includes…
- Being accountable for liaising with The Perfume Shop’s suppliers to gain any information needed to ensure we are efficient, effective and deliver for the business
- Being the first point of contact for stores, whilst ensuring you continue to build and maintain strong internal relationships with Area Managers to understand the store needs
- Liaising with the Merchandisers to obtain relevant information for forecasting and to raise orders
- Ensuring that The Perfume Shop’s new launch data is up to date and set up new products, taking responsibility for filing and organising new product sheets
- Taking responsibility for monitoring the prices on The Perfume Shop’s internal systems, ensuring that prices are correct and that we are buying products at the correct price for the business
- Using The Perfume Shop’s internal data systems to their full potential, extracting relevant information to assist the team
- Collating relevant information for new products, including but not limited to samples, new line forms, press releases and available POS material
- Create accurate and appropriate signage to match products in a timely manner
- Taking ownership for confirming the correct signage is completed for products and merchandising instructions are sent to stores to ensure stores are aware of the available POS material and GWP qualifiers
- Instructing the Warehouse on the relevant POS distribution instructions with copies of relevant POS forms in a timely manner for the relevant documents to be distributed to stores
- Managing the promotional process and price change with a high level of accuracy
- Maintaining the stock data and produce regular and ad hoc reports
The above list is non-exhaustive and
additional duties may be required
This role is a good fit for you if you…
- Have a passion for retail, customers and are results driven
- Are very organised and enjoy taking responsibility within your role
- Enjoy working cross functionally and communicate clearly and concisely
- Thrive in collaborative team environment
- Are a natural problem solver, being able to think outside of the box to improve processes
What you’ll need…
- Competent in using all Microsoft Office packages
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Ability priortise workload and multi-task productively
Culture & Reward...
The Perfume Shop is the largest single category fragrance retailer in the UK.
We’ve been on the Best Companies to Work For list, been awarded #7 in Top-Rated Retail Workplaces, and won the 2019 Online Retailer of the Year Award.
Our passion for people is what drives and enables us to create a thriving, collaborative workplace for our colleagues, in our stores, head office and warehouse.
People are at the heart of everything we do. This is not a job, it’s a career.
"People Power" as we call it, is our never-ending drive to support, grow and develop our talented teams. We reward our people for their continuous commitment in several ways:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays with the option to buy additional days;
- 20% off our products in store & online plus additional discounts with our partners including Superdrug and Three Mobile;
- Health benefits including flu jabs, eye care vouchers and life assurance;
- #GrowOurOwn – exclusive access to our e-Learning platform (including professional qualifications and memberships);
- Round the clock support from our partnership with RetailTrust – unlimited access to our well-being portal where you can tailor the content to suit your needs;
- Discretionary Bonus – We love to share our success with you!
Interested in a career at The Perfume
Shop? Apply today!
Agencies: We are not accepting speculative CV’s or profiles and kindly request that you refrain from contacting us.
The Perfume Shop does not, under any circumstances, make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of any prohibited ground, including but not limited to race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law or prohibited by Company policy. The Perfume Shop is committed to a healthy, safe and inviting work environment where harassment of any kind will not be tolerated.
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply