Senior FP&A Analyst
Reporting in the Head of Commercial Finance, this role is to lead the budgeting and forecasting cycles, challenging and delivering insight into the KPI and P&L trends. This role is also responsible for delivering store investment proposals and analytics to support the approval process and decision making.
We are currently
working “SMART” across the business which means we are adopting a blended approach
to working both at home and at our Head Office, allowing flexibility for all of
A typical day in this role includes…
- Lead the budgeting and quarterly forecasting cycles, ensuring the process and submits are robust and ensuring the process is continually reviewed for improvements
- Be responsible for delivering budgets and forecasts to planned timescales for P&L and all KPI items, liaising with and challenging cost centre managers where appropriate, demonstrating a detailed understanding of the business
- Manage the submissions of P&L, KPI, Balance Sheet and Cashflow to Group Finance via group schedules
- Analyse and interpret financial data, variance analysis, providing management with clear commentary and recommendations to drive business decisions both accurately and logically, understanding the impacts and drivers
- Assist with presentations and management reporting to deliver analysis on a monthly and/or quarterly basis for the total company or store group level
- Ensure the budgets and forecasts are uploaded into Oracle Financials in a timely manner
- Take ownership for all capex investment proposals and post investment analysis, including but not limited to new stores, refits and store lease renewals
- Champion a robust Capex approval framework, to include ownership for timely and insightful business Capex monitoring, reporting, analysis, forecasting and budgeting
- Provide day to day support whilst coaching, mentoring and developing the FP&A analyst
This role is a good fit for you if…
- Have strong budgeting and forecasting experience either as an FP&A Manager/Analyst or Management Accountant
- Are motivated to step up into a management role or an existing manager seeking to develop their skills
- Have strong Excel modelling skills
- Are motivated by the desire to continuously improve and to achieve brilliant results
- This is a hands-on role requiring the candidate to understand the detail to be able to deliver improvements and strong results.
What you’ll need…
- Passed finalist, fully qualified accountant or qualified by experience
- You will have excellent attention to detail and strong analytical, numerical, multi-tasking and problem solving skills
- The ability to organise, prioritise and manage time effectively, delivering accuracy at all times, in a fast paced environment
- Experience in Oracle Financials or similar
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Previous experience of team management and development would be an advantage
- You love learning and see this as a fantastic opportunity to expand your knowledge and skills
CULTURE & REWARD
The Perfume Shop is the largest single category fragrance retailer in the UK.
We’ve been on the Best Companies to Work For list, been awarded #7 in Top-Rated Retail Workplaces, and won the 2019 Online Retailer of the Year Award.
Our passion for people is what drives and enables us to create a thriving, collaborative workplace for our colleagues, in our stores, head office and warehouse.
People are at the heart of everything we do. This is not a job, it’s a career.
"People Power" as we call it, is our never-ending drive to support, grow and develop our talented teams. We reward our people for their continuous commitment in several ways:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays with the option to buy additional days;
- 20% off our products in store & online plus additional discounts with our partners including Superdrug and Three Mobile;
- Health benefits including flu jabs, eye care vouchers and life assurance;
- #GrowOurOwn – exclusive access to our e-Learning platform (including professional qualifications and memberships);
- Round the clock support from our partnership with RetailTrust – unlimited access to our well-being portal where you can tailor the content to suit your needs;
- Discretionary Bonus – We love to share our success with you!
Interested in a career at The Perfume
Shop? Apply today!
Agencies: We are not accepting speculative CV’s or profiles and kindly request that you refrain from contacting us.
The Perfume Shop does not, under any circumstances, make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of any prohibited ground, including but not limited to race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law or prohibited by Company policy. The Perfume Shop is committed to a healthy, safe and inviting work environment where harassment of any kind will not be tolerated.
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply