People Finance Analyst
This role is to support the People Team and business in managing key areas of costs/income, ensuring high standards of accounting, reconciliation, reporting, and forecasting are maintained at all times, delivering insightful analysis including but not limited to payroll, bonus, pay rates, which support the businesses profits.
A day in this role looks like…
- Managing the day-to-day reporting of People (HR) cost lines
- Working alongside the Finance Team on all management accounting
- Delivering weekly and monthly business reporting, accurately and on time
- Reporting monthly payroll costs to our operations team, aiding them to achieve their results
- Calculating and reporting on bonus and payroll numbers
- Taking responsibility for the cost and income areas including:
- Preparing monthly prepayments, accruals, and journal postings
- Providing balance sheet reconciliations monthly
- Providing P&L (Flash) forecasts monthly
- Delivering the month end P&L providing meaningful variance analysis to budget, forecast and last year
- Assisting with the annual budget and quarterly forecast following review with budget holders
- Assisting in the Management of company fleet vehicles, monitoring of costs, lease, fuel, repairs, ensuring policy and insurance compliance
- Ad-hoc analysis and reporting as required
What we are looking for from you…
- This role would ideally suit someone who is looking to start or develop their financial career
- Understand aspects of payroll cost trends relating to the retail industry, or be keen to learn
- Genuine enthusiasm to work in a busy retail environment
- The confidence to investigate and challenge any anomalies
- Are motivated by achieving brilliant results
- You love learning and see this as a fantastic opportunity to expand your knowledge and skills
What you’ll need…
- Graduate with relevant Accountancy/Business/Maths degree or Part Qualified and who can demonstrate a commitment to study, or relevant experience
- Demonstrate organisational skills and the ability to prioritise and manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Good excel skills are an advantage, using vlookup, sumif’s, pivots (list not exhaustive)
- Able to demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail
CULTURE & REWARD
The Perfume Shop is the largest single category fragrance retailer in the UK.
We’ve been on the Best Companies to Work For list, been awarded #7 in Top-Rated Retail Workplaces, and won the 2019 Online Retailer of the Year Award.
Our passion for people is what drives and enables us to create a thriving, collaborative workplace for our colleagues, in our stores, head office and warehouse.
People are at the heart of everything we do. This is not a job, it’s a career.
"People Power" as we call it, is our never-ending drive to support, grow and develop our talented teams. We reward our people for their continuous commitment in several ways:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays with the option to buy additional days;
- 20% off our products in store & online plus additional discounts with our partners including Superdrug and Three Mobile;
- Health benefits including flu jabs, eye care vouchers and life assurance;
- #GrowOurOwn – exclusive access to our e-Learning platform (including professional qualifications and memberships);
- Round the clock support from our partnership with RetailTrust – unlimited access to our well-being portal where you can tailor the content to suit your needs;
- Discretionary Bonus – We love to share our success with you!
Interested in a career at The Perfume
Shop? Apply today!
Agencies: We are not accepting speculative CV’s or profiles and kindly request that you refrain from contacting us.
The Perfume Shop does not, under any circumstances, make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of any prohibited ground, including but not limited to race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law or prohibited by Company policy. The Perfume Shop is committed to a healthy, safe and inviting work environment where harassment of any kind will not be tolerated.
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply