This newly created role will develop and implement a strong compliance strategy, ensuring it’s embedded within the business and will continually seeking to improve performance through process and standards.
- Leading the team of Internal Audit Partners, you will develop and deliver a robust and effective internal compliance programme within our Stores, Central and Warehouse functions;
- You will also lead the Inventory Management team, with accountability for business wide stock compliance and related KPI’s;
- Provide strong reporting and insightful analytics to drive business performance through compliance and risk management;
- Work collaboratively with the Leadership team, Senior Management team and the Retail Operations team to ensure alignment of the Audit and Compliance strategy for TPS;
- Lead the working relationship between the business and internal group auditors, FCS and GMS;
- Develop a strong understanding of the process, systems and finance flows, to understand the impact of system changes and new processes on the wider business;
- Investigate technological solutions and tools to support and drive efficiencies and improve overall business processes;
- Ensure up to date knowledge on all internal and external compliance standards, not limited to ASW standards and policies, and deliver an effective plan to integrate within TPS;
- Pragmatically balance and assess the relationship between compliance and business strategy, always ensuring integrity without compromising delivery of results;
- and coach, mentor & develop your team to improve and drive high standards within TPS.
- Understanding of all aspects of Retail compliance, being aware of trends, solutions and opportunities
- Results driven and passionate about improving process
- Qualified Accountant or Internal Auditor (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent), with PQE in internal/external audit or risk management;
- Broad financial, commercial, and operational knowledge
- Excellent attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Hands-on experience of leading, mentoring and coaching a team
This role will require you to be prepared to travel and spend some time away from home.
CULTURE & REWARD
The Perfume Shop is the largest single category fragrance retailer in the UK.
We’ve been on the Best Companies to Work For list, been awarded #7 in Top-Rated Retail Workplaces, and won the 2019 Online Retailer of the Year Award.
Our passion for people is what drives and enables us to create a thriving, collaborative workplace for our colleagues, in our stores, head office and warehouse.
People are at the heart of everything we do. This is not a job, it’s a career.
"People Power" as we call it, is our never-ending drive to support, grow and develop our talented teams. We reward our people for their continuous commitment in several ways:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays with the option to buy additional days;
- 20% off our products in store & online plus additional discounts with our partners including Superdrug and Three Mobile;
- Health benefits including flu jabs, eye care vouchers and life assurance;
- #GrowOurOwn – exclusive access to our e-Learning platform (including professional qualifications and memberships);
- Round the clock support from our partnership with RetailTrust – unlimited access to our well-being portal where you can tailor the content to suit your needs;
- Discretionary Bonus – We love to share our success with you!
Interested in a career at The Perfume
Shop? Apply today!
Agencies: We are not accepting speculative CV’s or profiles and kindly request that you refrain from contacting us.
The Perfume Shop does not, under any circumstances, make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of any prohibited ground, including but not limited to race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law or prohibited by Company policy. The Perfume Shop is committed to a healthy, safe and inviting work environment where harassment of any kind will not be tolerated.
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply