TALENT. PASSION. SPARK
Contracted hours: 37.5 FTC: 12 Months
The Perfume Shop is the largest single category fragrance retailer in the UK. We’ve been on the Best Companies to Work For list, been awarded #7 in Top-Rated Retail Workplaces, and won the 2019 Online Retailer of the Year Award.
Our passion for people is what drives and enables us to create a thriving, collaborative workplace for our colleagues, in our stores, head office and warehouse.
We’re looking for you; talented people with passion and spark to help achieve our vision of being the first choice for fragrance purchases on the high street and online.
People are at the heart of everything we do. This is not a job, it’s a career.
To ensure the efficient, accurate and timely processing of salary and wage payments for all employees, Head Office, Retail and Warehouse. Ensure all information is processed in accordance with internal procedures and in-line with statutory / legal requirements. To deputize for the Payroll Manager as required.
- Responsible for preparing and running monthly and lunar(4 weekly) payrolls, according to the payroll processing schedule
- Responsible for managing on-going auto enrolment procedures
- Ensure compliance with statutory payroll requirements
- Work collaboratively other departments, mainly finance, to provide all relevant payroll data
- Calculate and verify information received, including claims for all statutory payments, whilst dealing with the implications of salary sacrifice schemes
- Process P45s and P46s for new starters, tax codes issued by HMRC on P6 forms and student loans issued by HMRC and the Revenue in ROI
- Produce weekly Payroll reports such as Payroll Spend versus Payroll Budget
- Support the Payroll Team to dealing with all payroll related correspondence
- Assist the Payroll Manager in leading and motivating the Payroll Team, monitoring, and encouraging improvements towards standards of work via guidance, coaching and mentoring
- Build good working relationships internally and with relevant AS Watson employees in the wider group
- Maintain up to date knowledge of relevant changes in legislation and apply to the role
- The above list is non-exhaustive and additional duties may be required
- Detailed knowledge of how payroll is processed across a multi-site environment including variable pay processing (monthly and 4 weekly payrolls) and HMRC procedures and requirements.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications, especially strong Excel skills
- Have a good level of experience of managing / supervising an in-house payroll team
CULTURE & REWARD
"People Power" as we call it, is our never-ending drive to support, grow and develop our talented teams. We reward our people for their continuous commitment in several ways:
- Pension scheme;
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays;
- 20% off our products in store & online plus additional discounts with our partners including Superdrug and Three Mobile;
- Health benefits including flu jabs, eye care vouchers and life assurance;
- #GrowOurOwn – exclusive access to our e-Learning platform (including professional qualifications and memberships);
- Give As You Earn to support the causes important to you;
- Round the clock support from our partnership with RetailTrust – unlimited access to our well-being portal where you can tailor the content to suit your needs;
- Discretionary Bonus – We love to share our success with you!
Interested in a career at The Perfume Shop? Apply today!
Agencies: We are not accepting speculative CV’s or profiles and kindly request that you refrain from contacting us.
The Perfume Shop does not, under any circumstances, make
hiring or employment decisions on the basis of any prohibited ground, including
but not limited to race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or
national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation,
disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by
law or prohibited by Company policy. The Perfume Shop is committed to a
healthy, safe and inviting work environment where harassment of any kind will
not be tolerated.
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply