RETAIL AND CENTRAL ANALYST | HIGH WYCOMBE
We’re looking for a fantastic Analyst to join our Finance team and play a key role in supporting the business and Finance team in managing fixed and variable retail related costs.
You’ll ensure high standards of accounting, reconciliation, reporting, and forecasting are always maintained, delivering insightful analysis to support the business’ decision making.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- You’ll be responsible for preparing monthly provisions, accruals, and journal postings, as well as providing balance sheet reconciliations and flash forecasts monthly.
- You will also be responsible for delivering the month end P&L, providing meaningful variance analysis to budget, forecast and last year, whilst also holding accountability for the budget and quarterly forecasts following review with budget holders.
- Be accountable for the day-to-day management of key business fixed and variable assigned cost lines, whilst developing key relationships with the head of internal functions, providing analysis and insight to support decision making.
- Use Excel and Business Objects to provide insightful reports and dashboards to the business to assist in analysis and decision making, taking responsibility for driving process improvements, improving efficiencies and insights into areas of responsibility.
- Be part of the Finance transformation journey developing process automation in Finance processes.
- Liaise with Auditors on interim and year end accounts.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Genuine enthusiasm to work in a busy retail environment and you are motivated by learning and achieving brilliant results!
- You love learning and see this as a fantastic opportunity to expand your knowledge and skills, and gain a professional financial qualification, this role is ideal if you are looking to start or develop your financial career.
- Demonstrable organizational skills with the ability to prioritise and manage time effectively, with good excel skills as well as good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ideally an AAT qualification or have graduated with a 2:1 or higher in Accounting and Finance, Business, Maths or related degree with a keen interest to study.
- The confidence to question and challenge any anomalies.
WHAT YOU’LL GAIN
- Hybrid Working! 3 days office and 2 days off-site.
- Discretionary Bonus – We love to share our success with you!
- Access to our ‘Benefits Bottled’ platform full of scentsational benefits.
- Buy & Sell Holiday scheme, Life Assurance, and beneficiary’s programme.
- 30% staff discount, as well as discounts at Superdrug and Three Mobile.
- Round the clock support from our partnership with RetailTrust.
- Cycle to work scheme for those who don’t mind riding up the hills of High Wycombe.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays with the option to buy additional days.
OUR HIRING PROCESS
- You find or get sent this job advert, read it, and feel like you’re the perfect person.
- You send in your application to let us know you’re interested.
- We see your application, get excited, and give you a call.
- You’ll meet us twice, and we’ll get to know each other
- You’ll begin your journey with us and let everyone know how great your new job is.
“We’re a sociable bunch of
down-to-earth people, who enjoy our work and each other’s company”
Agencies: We are not accepting speculative CV’s or profiles and kindly request that you refrain from contacting us.
The Perfume Shop does not, under any
circumstances, make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of any
prohibited ground, including but not limited to race, colour, religion or
religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender,
gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran
status, or any other basis protected by law or prohibited by Company policy.
The Perfume Shop is committed to a healthy, safe and inviting work environment
where harassment of any kind will not be tolerated.
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply