PEOPLE PARTNER - RETAIL | HIGH WYCOMBE
We’re looking for a passionate People Partner to join our People and Development team and play a key role in delivering excellent commercially focused HR service to the Retail Operations Team.
You’ll act as
the connection between the People Team and our stores, whilst primarily
business partnering with Area Managers and supporting Store Managers.
This role is based at our High Wycombe office, with regular travel to sites across the UK and ROI when needed.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work with our Regional General Manager and Sales & Operations Managers for your assigned region to coach and guide to lead their teams in driving capability and talent.
- Build the HR skills of our line managers in the areas that are required, and work with the talent team to fill vacancies especially ahead of peak trading periods, utilising succession plans.
- Support the People Manager – Retail, in conjunction with the Learning and Development Team, to ensure talent plans are regularly reviewed with relevant Managers and people resources are deployed effectively.
- Champion employee engagement and work closely with Area Managers to ensure engagement results are reviewed and are a key focus.
- Guide and support the People Advisors on broader policy and ER issues, ensuring correct and consistent advice is given, as well as Guide and support Area Managers on performance management with a view to improving and driving performance.
- Manage complex ER cases with Line Managers to minimise risk and ensure a commercial approach, including Disciplinary and Grievance Hearings, LTS and Flexible Working, to provide advice and guidance to ensure legal compliance and correct processes are followed.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- You are passionate about what you do and want to make a difference.
- A CIPD Level 3 qualification and willing to continue your studies.
- A full UK driving license.
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines on a consistent basis, along with fantastic communication skills and the ability to create and maintain good relationships with our line managers.
- Your experience and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- An understanding of a HR information system such as oracle is desirable.
WHAT YOU’LL GAIN
- Hybrid Working! 3 days office and 2 days off-site.
- Discretionary Bonus – We love to share our success with you!
- Access to our ‘Benefits Bottled’ platform full of scentsational benefits.
- Buy & Sell Holiday scheme, Life Assurance, and beneficiary’s programme.
- 30% staff discount, as well as discounts at Superdrug and Three Mobile.
- Round the clock support from our partnership with RetailTrust.
- Cycle to work scheme for those who don’t mind riding up the hills of High Wycombe.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays with the option to buy additional days.
OUR HIRING PROCESS
- You find or get sent this job advert, read it, and feel like you’re the perfect person.
- You send in your application to let us know you’re interested.
- We see your application, get excited, and give you a call.
- You’ll meet us twice, and we’ll get to know each other
- You’ll begin your journey with us and let everyone know how great your new job is.
“We’re a sociable bunch of
down-to-earth people, who enjoy our work and each other’s company”
Agencies: We are not accepting speculative CV’s or profiles and kindly request that you refrain from contacting us.
The Perfume Shop does not, under any
circumstances, make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of any
prohibited ground, including but not limited to race, colour, religion or
religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender,
gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran
status, or any other basis protected by law or prohibited by Company policy.
The Perfume Shop is committed to a healthy, safe and inviting work environment
where harassment of any kind will not be tolerated.
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply