A bit about the role
The purpose of this role is to support the Merchandiser on managing suppliers, accurately forecasting trends, planning stock levels and continuously monitoring performance. This role also involves ensuring there is maximum stock availability and sales whilst keeping stock levels within the company parameters.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Be accountable for supporting the Merchandiser with the management of team suppliers and brands
- Build key relationships within the supply chain to maximise flexibility and commitment to ensure all our orders are scheduled, planned and delivered on time
- Identify and resolve supply chain issues in a timely manner and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed on the progress
Plan order quantities for continuity lines using the planning system, keeping the business informed of all stock availability issues
- Produce and distribute monthly sales reports to suppliers and produce monthly WSSI meeting information in time for monthly team meetings
- Produce regular analysis on promotions, suppliers and products and share findings and insights with the team and key stakeholders
- Analyse best sellers and promotions on a weekly basis to ensure they reach their full potential and that analysis supports informed decision making, ensuring you communicate the results to the Buying and Merchandising team in a timely manner
- Communicate the Merchandiser’s strategy on product regularly to the Allocation team to ensure there is effective stock management
- Conduct regular reviews with the Allocation team following all promotion and incentive activity to review any outstanding stock actions, ongoing stock levels and allocation
- Undertake additional responsibilities as directed, including the production of ad hoc reports and providing cover for the wider team as and when required
This list is non exhaustive and other ad-hoc duties may be required.
- Previous experience within a similar role or at Senior Allocator level
- Good MS Office skills, particularly in Excel is essential
- Previous experience of having produced detailed reports and other written materials
- Excellent numeracy and attention to detail is essential
- Excellent team player
- Previous experience setting up and using the WSSI to re-forecast sales and stock levels
A little bit about us
The Perfume Shop has c.260 stores in the UK and Ireland and has been trading since 1992. Our parent company A.S Watson, which acquired us in 2005, is the largest Health and Beauty Retailer in Europe and Asia.
We are one of the UKs top fragrance retailers, and our vision is simply to be the customers first choice for fragrance purchases on the high street and online. We are best known as an employer for being placed successively in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work list from 2012 to 2015. For more information about working at The Perfume Shop visit www.theperfumeshopjobs.com.
Contracted Hours - 37.5 hours Monday to Friday
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply