Purpose of the role
Reporting directly into a Warehouse Team Leader or Supervisor taking ownership of specific processes within the day to day operation of the Warehouse. Exceptional service delivery to customers both internal and external is the key operational requirement of this role.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Produce and schedule the daily work load for Retail and Ecommerce Warehouse operations
- Analyse data and produce Warehouse KPI statistics which include, pick rates, pack rates, error rates etc.
- Share productivity results with both the Retail and Ecommerce Teams to ensure they are aware of KPI’s and areas for improvement
- Keep accurate record of all consumables including price guns and labels sent to the stores
- Assist in the Warehouse PI and stock takes, this includes preparation and counting of stock
- Manage and distribute the daily intake schedule to relevant people/teams
- Use POS calendar to ensure all POS and marketing goes to store as per requirements
- Process all Goods In packs from daily scheduled intake and action any delivery discrepancies
- Create and send discrepancies from goods received to suppliers and relevant TPS teams
- Populate and distribute all time and attendance data sheets and distribute to the relevant teams
- Ensure all delivery manifests are created and distributed to relevant stores
- Liaise with the Customer Services department to ensure all Ecommerce orders are correctly processed and customer feedback is addressed
- Manage stock locations throughout the Warehouse – including bin to bin moves, setting up new products etc.
- Ensure that despatched vehicles are loaded to an optimum and any issues are identified and rectified
- Maintain high standards of Health & Safety, and security at all time in line with company policies
- To assist in any areas of the Warehouse where workload requires
- Maintain high levels of housekeeping by clearing rubbish and ensuring a clean and tidy work area
professional work standards at all times
The above list is non-exhaustive and additional duties may be required
- Previous experience of working in Administration
- Good MS Office skills, particularly in Excel
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise effectively
- Good communication skills
- Flexible approach to duties and tasks
- Good understanding of customer deliverables and the impact of failure / cost of poor quality
- Previous experience of Retail Ecommerce Warehouse Administration
A little bit about us
The Perfume Shop has c.260 stores in the UK and Ireland and has been trading since 1992. Our parent company A.S Watson, which acquired us in 2005, is the largest Health and Beauty Retailer in Europe and Asia.
We are one of the UKs top fragrance retailers, and our vision is simply to be the customers first choice for fragrance purchases on the high street and online. We are best known as an employer for being placed successively in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work list from 2012 to 2015. For more information about working at The Perfume Shop visit www.theperfumeshopjobs.com.
Contracted Hours - 40 hours per week
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply