Internal Communications Apprentice
A bit about the role
The purpose of this role is to support the Internal Communications Coordinator in delivering engaging internal communication to teams within the Business.
What we will look for from you...
- Act as the first point of contact for all day to day internal communication queries, ensuring you escalate any complex to the Internal Communications Coordinator
- Support the Internal Communications Coordinator in writing and sharing engaging content for all related communication channels, ensuring you fully review and understand the brief and that all communication is sent out in line with TPS’ brand and within the required timeframes
- Assist the Internal Communications Coordinator in maintaining the internal communication plan
- Be responsible for understanding all social media channels, considering the benefits and negatives each could bring to The Perfume Shop, ensuring you provide feedback to the Internal Communications Coordinator
- Draft and post relevant updates on the designated social media channels, including but not limited to; Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Linkedin when required, ensuring all content is signed off by the Internal Communications Coordinator
- Support the Internal Communications Coordinator in engaging the business with the internal people portal, ensuring you draft and post content about activities across the business
- Be accountable for monitoring and updating information on the internal people portal, ensuring information is up to date
- Support the Internal Communications Coordinator in gathering information surrounding new starters, contract changes and leavers for the People Update
- Continually consider ways to innovate communication processes, providing feedback to the Internal Communications Coordinator
- Be responsible for completing all learning and tasks from your Apprenticeship in a timely manner, ensuring key skills and knowledge are reflected in your role at The Perfume Shop
- Offer support on ad hoc communications projects when required
The above list is non-exhaustive and additional duties may be required
- A keen interest in completing an Apprenticeship within internal communications
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- An understanding of social media and technology
- A keen interest in social media platforms
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good accuracy skills and able to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills
- Demonstrable creative thinking skills
A little bit about us
The Perfume Shop has c.260 stores in the UK and Ireland and has been trading since 1992. Our parent company A.S Watson, which acquired us in 2005, is the largest Health and Beauty Retailer in Europe and Asia.
We are one of the UKs top fragrance retailers, and our vision is simply to be the customers first choice for fragrance purchases on the high street and online. We are best known as an employer for being placed successively in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work list from 2012 to 2015. For more information about working at The Perfume Shop visit www.theperfumeshopjobs.com.
Contracted Hours - 37.5
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply