Purpose of the role summary
To provide efficient and effective administrative support to the People team and our stores.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Update and maintain the Learning module of the digital people platform (Cornerstone On Demand).
- Provide 1st line support for technical issues and business compliance in relation to Learning, meeting data integrity and audit requirements.
- Generate and analyse People & Development reports for circulation to the relevant functions to support our people strategy and business requirements.
- Support the A.S Watson Group Systems Administrator in testing of new system releases. This may involve attending meetings with A.S Watson Group employees with occasional travel required.
- Act as a digital people platform champion by fully understanding system capabilities, supporting with communication plans and administration for learning competitions.
- Manage the new starter process, including loading new employee details onto our HR system, ensuring paperwork is completed correctly
- Obtain references for all new starters and respond to reference requests received and manage within set SLAs
- Process leavers on our HR system, send out confirmation letters and archive all leaver paperwork
- Send exit interviews to all leavers and report on feedback
- Maintain employee files ensuring all records are accurate and up to date
- Liaise with other People and The Perfume Shop teams to ensure delivery of effective and efficient support to stores
- Support various People projects, such as the creation of new HR tools to support stores, refreshing of policies and procedures etc
- Support the payroll team by validating pay slips for store employees
- Support in the administration of various The Perfume Shop benefits and initiatives
- Update the People Advisors on any employee issues identified
- Keep up to date on relevant changes in legislation and the latest people technology that apply to your role, as well as sharing knowledge with the wider People team
The above list is non-exhaustive and additional duties may be required
What we look for
- Knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel which is essential
- Knowledge of HR Information Systems or Learning Management systems such as Cornerstone On Demand, Oracle or other data systems would be an advantage
- Demonstrable accuracy and attention to detail is essential
- The ability to organise your own workload effectively, using good time management and prioritisation skills is essential
- Some experience of working in an office administration role is essential
A little bit about us
The Perfume Shop has c.260 stores in the UK and Ireland and has been trading since 1992. Our parent company A.S Watson, which acquired us in 2005, is the largest Health and Beauty Retailer in Europe and Asia.
We are one of the UKs top fragrance retailers, and our vision is simply to be the customers first choice for fragrance purchases on the high street and online. We are best known as an employer for being placed successively in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work list from 2012 to 2015. For more information about working at The Perfume Shop visit www.theperfumeshopjobs.com.
Contracted Hours - 37.5
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply