The purpose of this role is to accelerate the digital performance of The Perfume Shop’s website, leading roadmaps to improve the user experience and conversion by continually monitoring the website’s performance whilst looking for improvements that can enhance. This role will also involve working with multiple departments to ensure the website is continually updated to meet the commercial needs of the business, whilst leading the Design and Product and Promotions team to implement the commercial plans and enhance the onsite experience for the customer.
A bit about us:
The Perfume Shop has c.260 stores in the UK and Ireland and has been trading since 1992. Our parent company A.S Watson, which acquired us in 2005, is the largest Health and Beauty Retailer in Europe and Asia.
We are one of the UKs top fragrance retailers, and our vision is simply to be the customers first choice for fragrance purchases on the high street and online. We are best known as an employer for being placed successively in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work list from 2012 to 2015 and in 2018 we are proud to say we were voted The Fragrance Foundation National Retailer of the Year.
For more information about working at The Perfume Shop visit www.theperfumeshopjobs.com
Any personal data that you provide to The Perfume Shop (data controller) will be processed in line with applicable data protection laws and will be used only for the purpose of recruitment.
We will keep your personal information for 6 months after which we will anonymise it – this is unless you decide to extend this period by logging into your profile on the OTYS site.
You can always choose to anonymise your data earlier by logging into your profile.
You will be:
• Be responsible for continually monitoring and evaluating the performance of The Perfume Shop’s website against business KPIs, ensuring you feedback findings and execute agreed improvements to better the website’s performance
• Be accountable for reviewing The Perfume Shop’s web content, ensuring the website is maintained and up-to-date
• Champion the various company brand values to ensure they are consistently delivered across devices, web pages, digital channels and emails within the digital guidelines
• Take accountability for working with the Commercial team and other key internal stakeholders and/or suppliers to incorporate relevant rich content into web pages and emails taking into consideration the device and screen size used
• Work effectively with external agencies for example Devatics, eLab Tech & Commercial to support the eCommerce team with any commercial and development plans
• Work with the technical teams to provide guidance on the ideal UX journey including wireframes
• Be accountable for providing UX advocacy supported by testing and learning from customer behaviour providing Google Analytics to back this up
• Ensure the eCommerce team understand SEO and its importance, potential impact and influence it can have on website performance and visibility
• Be responsible for maintaining a full awareness and understanding of upcoming commercial activity and sales priorities, ensuring you share this with the relevant team members
• Ensure the team delivers against the commercial objectives within the given timeframe
• Play a key role in supporting the IT team and backend development, to ensure smooth delivery of deployments
• Provide day to day support to the Pricing and Promotions Team Leader and Senior Digital Designer, whilst assisting with any queries they may have in relation to their teams
• Assist in the training and coaching of the Product & Promotion Team Leader and Senior Digital Designer, ensuring any relevant feedback is shared amongst their teams
• Take ownership for conducting regular one to one meetings and appraisals in a timely manner, setting clear and achievable objectives and ensuring development plans are in place
The above list is non-exhaustive and additional duties may be required
What we look for from you:
• Experience of working with internal stakeholders to take briefs and develop compelling customer content working collaboratively
• Experience of creating UX wireframes
• Experience of running AB tests
• Previous Line Management experience
• Working knowledge and a high level of understanding surrounding the importance of SEO
• Working knowledge of AB testing tools
• Knowledge of user experience best practice
• Skilled in the Adobe Creative Suite
• A good understanding of design fundamentals
• Strong google analytics skills
What’s in it for you?
• Competitive salary
• 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays)
• A contributory pension scheme
• 10% on target bonus scheme which can grow to 20%
• Employee discount scheme at The Perfume Shop and Superdrug
• An opportunity to buy and sell holiday
• Dedicated Social Committee for making work fun!
• Regular product sales and supplier events
• Free onsite parking (for roles based at our Office and Warehouse)
Cypress House, Coronation Road, Cressex Business Park, HIGH WYCOMBE HP12 3SU GBR