A bit about the
The purpose of this role is to establish and maintain strong working relationships with our suppliers, and to provide support in creating competitive marketing plans to maximise sales.
What we will look for from you...
- Be accountable for managing the day to day relationship with our direct suppliers
- Take responsibility for negotiating and agreeing a marketing plan that is competitive, profitable and meets The Perfume Shop’s customer needs
- Take ownership for delivering sales and profitability
- Maximise opportunities on new launches, Gift with Purchase, gift sets, limited editions, basic stock and POS material where appropriate
- Maximise the sales of your fragrance houses in line with the business needs
- Continue to seek products that give The Perfume Shop a point of difference, using trade fairs, the internet and leads to remain one step ahead of the competition and to seize opportunities first
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with the Buying Team, ensuring you are innovative and creative, whilst working to trade products and prices to drive sales
- Ensure you maintain good national and regional awareness of who The Perfume Shop’s customers are and what appeals to them
- Maintain a good knowledge of changes in the industry and possible implications to The Perfume Shop
- Provide day to day support to the Buyers Assistants where required
- Assist in the training, coaching and development of the Buyers Assistants where required
- Take ownership for conducting regular one to one meetings and appraisals in a timely manner for your team, setting clear and achievable (SMART) objectives and ensuring development plans are in place
- Act as a lead example to
drive engagement, ensuring a high level of service is offered within the
business at all times
This list is non exhaustive and other ad-hoc duties may be required.
- Proven commercial experience at Buyer or Junior Buyer level
- Experience of having worked closely with a Merchandising team
- Highly competent in Excel and other MS office functions
- Demonstrable planning, organisational and prioritising skills, with the ability to schedule your workload to support the business objectives
- Proven ability to handle multiple activities, establish priorities and meet demanding deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to, verbally and in writing, convey clear information
- Ability to adjust to work processes or procedures, adapt to others and work effectively in a positive manner
- Ability to build relationships to support team members, share resources and knowledge and collaborate with others to achieve goals
- Demonstrable commercial awareness
- Experience of having worked within a branded buying role
- Experience of working with large branded beauty houses
- Previous Line Management experience would be of an advantage
The Pay, Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays)
- A contributory pension scheme
- 10% on target bonus scheme which can grow to 20%
- Employee discount scheme at The Perfume Shop and Superdrug
- An opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Dedicated Social Committee for making work fun!
- Regular product sales and supplier events
- Free onsite parking (for roles based at our Office and Warehouse)
A little bit about us
The Perfume Shop has
c.260 stores in the UK and Ireland and has been trading since 1992. Our parent
company A.S Watson, which acquired us in 2005, is the largest Health and Beauty
Retailer in Europe and Asia.
We are one of the UKs top fragrance retailers, and our vision is simply to be the customers first choice for fragrance purchases on the high street and online. We are best known as an employer for being placed successively in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work list from 2012 to 2015.
This is an exciting time to become part of our forward-thinking family-orientated Company. Our people’s passion, commitment and loyalty ensure our business success. This role will offer the right person a great opportunity to develop within a successful and expanding organisation.
For more information about working at The Perfume Shop visit www.theperfumeshopjobs.com
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply