The purpose of this role is to elevate and reinvigorate The Perfume Shop’s social media strategy to improve shop ability and engagement across our social channels.
This role will also be responsible for developing and managing all social channels for The Perfume Shop including organic and paid content, ensuring they remain innovative and adaptable to social media trends whilst evaluating engagement, responsiveness, and performance.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
• Be accountable for working effectively with teams across the business, including the wider Customer and Experience team to build a 360 communication plan
• Work with Head of Loyalty to identify tools and resource requirements to deliver a solid social strategy
• Assist in the creation and execution of engaging, fun and original content to elevate The Perfume Shop’s brand in line with our brand guidelines and the commercial and business strategy
• Be accountable for core KPIs, reporting on a regular basis and developing new strategies to exceed targets
• Be responsible for working alongside the wider Social team to analyse the performance of social activity in terms of driving sales and customer engagement by using tools such as Hootsuite, Google Analytics and Digimind
• Work with the Customer Service team to ensure all customer queries are dealt with effectively and efficiently, delegating to other team members where possible and acting as an escalation point when needed
• Proactivity research emerging social media platforms, trends, applications and customer target behaviour, ensuring you provide insight to the wider Customer and Experience team
• Provide the Social team with day to day support, whilst proactively identifying developmental opportunities and training needs throughout the team
• Assist in the training and coaching of the Social team
• Take ownership for conducting regular one to one meetings and appraisals in a timely manner, setting clear and achievable objectives and ensuring development plans are in place
• Act as a lead example to drive engagement and ensure a high level of service is offered within the business
• Take accountability for developing and maintaining positive working relationships across the CRM team
The above list is non-exhaustive and additional duties may be required
• Previous experience of managing a small team
• Previous experience in a social media, marketing or digital role
• Previous experience of developing and maintaining a social strategy
• Previous experience of working with PR and media agencies, analysing digital data or having worked closely with an Analyst to review social or marketing performance
• Experience of working in a fast paced retail environment
• Previous working knowledge of Google Analytics
• Knowledge of social media channels
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to influence and present where required
• Strong numerical skills
• Demonstrable prioritisation, organisational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task
• People Management Skills
A little bit about us
The Perfume Shop has c.260 stores in the UK and Ireland and has been trading since 1992. Our parent company A.S Watson, which acquired us in 2005, is the largest Health and Beauty Retailer in Europe and Asia.
We are one of the UKs top fragrance retailers, and our vision is simply to be the customers first choice for fragrance purchases on the high street and online. We are best known as an employer for being placed successively in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work list from 2012 to 2015. For more information about working at The Perfume Shop visit www.theperfumeshopjobs.com.
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply