The purpose of this role is to work within the IT Infrastructure & Support Team, helping to resolve issues relating to Stores, Head Office and the Warehouse.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
• Assist in ensuring the daily checklist is completed, monitored and that any issues are resolved in a timely manner
• Assist in the monitoring of system backups and logging issues, escalating to a senior member of the team as required
• Assist the IT Infrastructure & Support team in ensuring the required checks are completed on the servers and monitors for alerts, whilst logging and flagging up issues with a senior member of the team where necessary
• Assist in the resolution of 1st and 2nd line support issues in a timely manner, escalating any unresolved issues and 3rd line support matters to the Senior IT Infrastructure Support Technician and IT Infrastructure & Support Manager
• Assist in the processing of tickets, ensuring IT system queries are answered in a timely manner
• Use in-house call logging software to ensure all Store, Head Office and Warehouse queries via telephone and/or email are tracked and resolved in a timely manner
• Work alongside the IT Infrastructure & Support team on tasks and projects
• Support the team with job schedules
• Ensure calls are logged with third party suppliers in a timely manner
• Maintain the Microsoft Active Directory environment ensuring that all user and computer accounts are accurate
• Assist in the auditing of IT hardware and software license compliance
• Be responsible for completing all learning and tasks from your Apprenticeship in a timely manner, ensuring key skills and knowledge are reflected in your role at The Perfume Shop
• Assist the IT Infrastructure & Support team in supporting the windows server and network infrastructure, escalating any issues to a senior team member where required
• Ensure all user accounts are created and monitored in line with the Internet, Email and System Use policies
• Assist in the setup and configuration of all Windows Servers, laptops, desktops, iPads and Iphones whilst providing IT support
• Assist in the support of all other business applications including but not limited to Warehouse, EPOS and ERP
This list is non exhaustive and other ad-hoc duties may be required.
• A keen interest in completing an IT Apprenticeship
• Working knowledge of desktop operating systems (Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7) and Microsoft Office applications
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal
• Good problem solving skills
• Able to demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail
• Able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Strong time management skills
• Flexibility as some travel may be required
A little bit about us
The Perfume Shop has c.260 stores in the UK and Ireland and has been trading since 1992. Our parent company A.S Watson, which acquired us in 2005, is the largest Health and Beauty Retailer in Europe and Asia.
We are one of the UKs top fragrance retailers, and our vision is simply to be the customers first choice for fragrance purchases on the high street and online. We are best known as an employer for being placed successively in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work list from 2012 to 2015. For more information about working at The Perfume Shop visit www.theperfumeshopjobs.com.
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply