The role encompasses being a member of the Systems team specialising in Big Data and data warehouse technology. This should include in depth knowledge and understanding of ERP and data warehouse systems, ideally on Azure. As such, you will be a go to person for both projects and 3rd level support.
A bit about us:
The Perfume Shop has c.260 stores in the UK and Ireland and has been trading since 1992. Our parent company A.S Watson, which acquired us in 2005, is the largest Health and Beauty Retailer in Europe and Asia.
We are one of the UKs top fragrance retailers, and our vision is simply to be the customers first choice for fragrance purchases on the high street and online. We are best known as an employer for being placed successively in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work list from 2012 to 2015 and in 2018 we are proud to say we were voted The Fragrance Foundation National Retailer of the Year.
For more information about working at The Perfume Shop visit www.theperfumeshopjobs.com
Any personal data that you provide to The Perfume Shop (data controller) will be processed in line with applicable data protection laws and will be used only for the purpose of recruitment.
We will keep your personal information for 6 months after which we will anonymise it – this is unless you decide to extend this period by logging into your profile on the OTYS site.
You can always choose to anonymise your data earlier by logging into your profile.
You will be:
• Build and support Azure SQL data warehouse to meet current and future needs
• Design, build and document all the ETLs (Extract Transform Load) from both technical and business point of view
• Responsible for the interfaces between the data warehouse and connected systems, e.g. ERP, CRM, POS, WMS, Oracle Financials
• Technical project lead for changes, enhancements and new interfaces for the ERP and Data warehouse systems
• Responsible for interfaces between ERP (Island Pacific) and connected systems, e.g. CRM, POS, WMS, Oracle Financials
• Act as 3rd level escalation from the Support team for ERP and data warehouse issues. Where relevant provide a resolution, document and train this in to the Support team to increase the capacity to resolve issues in the future.
• Help to train and develop the internal Support team to enhance their ability to first time fix as many calls as possible.
• Ensure sufficient training and documentation is provided to the Support team when projects are handed over and progress into live services.
This list is non exhaustive and other ad-hoc duties may be required.
What we look for from you:
• Previous experience in a similar role, standing you in good stead for the next step in your career
• Previous experience of working with an ERP system
• A willingness to learn and develop your skillset and career
• Experience with SQL, DB2 Oracle database is highly desirable
• Power BI and Business Objects experience is a bonus
• Good communication skills
What’s in it for you?
• Competitive salary
• 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays)
• A contributory pension scheme
• 10% on target bonus scheme which can grow to 20%
• Employee discount scheme at The Perfume Shop and Superdrug
• An opportunity to buy and sell holiday
• Dedicated Social Committee for making work fun!
• Regular product sales and supplier events
• Free onsite parking (for roles based at our Office and Warehouse)
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply