Scope of the Role
The purpose of this role is to support the Systems Team to ensure that The Perfume Shop’s systems are well maintained, have sufficient capacity and are able to deliver the businesses requirements.
A bit about us:
The Perfume Shop has c.260 stores in the UK and Ireland and has been trading since 1992. Our parent company A.S Watson, which acquired us in 2005, is the largest Health and Beauty Retailer in Europe and Asia.
We are one of the UKs top fragrance retailers, and our vision is simply to be the customers first choice for fragrance purchases on the high street and online. We are best known as an employer for being placed successively in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work list from 2012 to 2015 and in 2018 we are proud to say we were voted The Fragrance Foundation National Retailer of the Year.
For more information about working at The Perfume Shop visit www.theperfumeshopjobs.com
Any personal data that you provide to The Perfume Shop (data controller) will be processed in line with applicable data protection laws and will be used only for the purpose of recruitment.
We will keep your personal information for 6 months after which we will anonymise it – this is unless you decide to extend this period by logging into your profile on the OTYS site.
You can always choose to anonymise your data earlier by logging into your profile.
You will be:
• Act as second line level support for the Support Team for EPOS (Retalix Storeline & Eservices), ERP (Island Pacific) and WMS (WINS) to resolve issues in a timely manner in accordance with company SLAs, escalating issues to specialists as required
• Support store queries on the electronic payment interfaces from the EPOS
• Support the interfaces between ERP, WMS and the EPOS system, ensuring you understand the process of polling from end to end to enable business efficiency
• Assist the Island Pacific specialists to ensure data integrity through the business, Island Pacific being The Perfume Shop’s Head office ERP System (AS400 based)
• Administer the operational and administrative activities associated with EPOS both at Head office and at Store level
• Report any store support issues to the Systems Manager, identifying patterns and suggesting the appropriate use of new technology to remedy where necessary
• Manage relationships with third party suppliers/vendors and third party support companies in relation to store system hardware and software
• Resolve and report on any interface issues between WMS, EPOS, ERP and financial systems – i.e. promotions, price changes etc.
• Perform other duties as required within the Department, including scheduled weekend polling support
This list is non exhaustive and other ad-hoc duties may be required.
What we look for from you:
• Customer focused and well developed individual with a professional, consistent and can-do attitude towards the customer
• Good understanding of retail businesses
• Demonstrable methodical approach to problem solving
• Good communication skills – able to relay key messages to a wide range of people via both written and verbal methods
• Flexible approach with the ability to react and respond to changing situations within the business and SystemsTeam
• Ability to learn new technologies quickly
• Recent experience within a technical support role within a retail environment or similar
• Knowledge and experience of supporting EPOS systems across a national store network would be a distinct advantage.
• Knowledge and experience of supporting the following would be desirable, Retalix Storeline, Island Pacific (AS400 based), Windows Virtualization – Hyper-V
What’s in it for you?
• Competitive salary
• 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays)
• A contributory pension scheme
• 10% on target bonus scheme which can grow to 20%
• Employee discount scheme at The Perfume Shop and Superdrug
• An opportunity to buy and sell holiday
• Dedicated Social Committee for making work fun!
• Regular product sales and supplier events
• Free onsite parking (for roles based at our Office and Warehouse)
Cypress House, Coronation Road, Cressex Business Park, HIGH WYCOMBE HP12 3SU GBR