Scope of the Role
Currently we have an exciting new opportunity for an Accounts Payable Assistant to join our Finance team based in High Wycombe on a Maternity Cover contract for an initial 9 months.
Reporting into the Accounts Payable Manager, we are seeking an individual who has a keen eye with excellent attention to detail and accuracy. This role is both internal customer and external supplier facing and requires excellent communication skills.
A bit about us:
The Perfume Shop has just over 265 stores in the UK and Ireland and has been trading since 1992. Our parent company A.S Watson, which acquired us in 2005, is the largest Health and Beauty Retailer in Europe and Asia.
We are one of the UKs top fragrance retailers, and our vision is simply to be the customers first choice for fragrance purchases on the high street and online. We are best known as an employer for being placed successively in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work list from 2012 to 2015. For more information about working at The Perfume Shop visit www.theperfumeshopjobs.com.
You will be:
• Accurately code and process all invoices and credit notes through the document scanning platform, ensuring correct capture of details. Forward to the appropriate person for approval. Ensure all rejected invoices are actioned and resolved.
• Set up suppliers according to Company’s Policies
• Regular communication with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure they are aware of payment status and any queries/actions that are required prior to payment
• Prepare weekly payment runs
• Prepare monthly supplier statement reconciliations
• Allocate all payments and receipts correctly to invoices/suppliers
• Reconcile the Accounts Payable ledgers ensuring any discrepancies are investigated
• For all of the above, ensure department SLA’s are met
• Liaising with suppliers both via email and phone where necessary to investigate and resolve any queries
• Organise and plan workload effectively; raise any concerns or issues early
• Support the Accounts Payable team with any other ad hoc requirements and projects
• Support the management accountant teams with month end close, reporting and analysis, including upkeep of key files
The above list is non-exhaustive and additional duties and analysis may be required.
What we look for from you:
• Previous Purchase Ledger/Accounts Payable experience is essential
• Good basic knowledge of MS Office packages, especially Excel is desirable
• Proven experience of managing high volume accounts payable workflow
• Proven experience of working under tight deadlines
• Multi-currency ledger experience is preferred
• Experience of having used Oracle would be an advantage
• Retail/Stock experience is desirable but not essential
• Experience of using a document scanning and web based approval system would also be advantageous
• Genuine enthusiasm to work as part of a team in a busy retail environment
Cypress House, Coronation Road, Cressex Business Park, HIGH WYCOMBE HP12 3SU GBR