Scope of the Role
The purpose of this role is to manage The Perfume Shop’s product allocation systems, processes and team members to deliver optimum store inventory levels which drives high product availability and supports the financial objectives of the business.
This role also involves supporting the company segmentation strategy by working closely with Property, Buying, Store Operations and Suppliers to determine optimum range, effective space management support, appropriate presentation stock levels and efficient replenishment to stores.
A bit about us:
The Perfume Shop has c.260 stores in the UK and Ireland and has been trading since 1992. Our parent company A.S Watson, which acquired us in 2005, is the largest Health and Beauty Retailer in Europe and Asia.
We are one of the UKs top fragrance retailers, and our vision is simply to be the customers first choice for fragrance purchases on the high street and online. We are best known as an employer for being placed successively in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work list from 2012 to 2015 and in 2018 we are proud to say we were voted The Fragrance Foundation National Retailer of the Year.
For more information about working at The Perfume Shop visit www.theperfumeshopjobs.com
Any personal data that you provide to The Perfume Shop (data controller) will be processed in line with applicable data protection laws and will be used only for the purpose of recruitment.
You will be:
• Be responsible for ensuring stores have the appropriate stock levels to achieve their forecasted sales budgets whilst managing within the agreed financial stock targets
• Manage the allocation system processes, policies and parameters to control the smooth flow of inventory to stores
• Ensure there is maximum stock availability in store by ensuring key lines are in stock, particularly during promotional periods
• Develop and implement allocation strategies for key trading periods and specific marketing campaigns, ensuring that plans are communicated and understood by the wider business
• Forecast and communicate the latest store replenishment plans to the Logistics team through regular communication and updates
• Conduct regular meetings with the Merchandisers to discuss specific brand strategies in accordance with our strategic and promotional calendars
• Provide regular and ad-hoc KPI reports as required to support the business, ensuring you accurately analyse and share the results where necessary
• Follow up on store stock issues and requests in a timely and appropriate way, communicating findings and actions taken
• Take accountability for engaging with the relevant departments to ensure that there is a clear strategy to deliver company segmentation, whilst ensuring planograms and supplier packages are in place
• Manage new stores, closures and space changes in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring you liaise with the relevant Departments
• Continually tailor individual branch demographic requirements to build stock packages in line with The Perfume Shop’s supplier requirements
• Attend supplier strategy meetings and work closely with the Buying & Merchandising team, to discuss and fully understand store portfolio updates and any new product launches
• Support the Buying and Merchandising team with the completion of range reviews in line with the segmentation strategy
• Identify and implement opportunities for driving sales and profit within our top stores, new stores and loss making stores
• Build and maintain strong working relationships with Area Managers and Regional Managers, whilst ensuring you attend regional meetings, area meetings and post-Christmas review meetings where required
• Be responsible for agreeing the schedule for store visits, ensuring you report back to the business on any opportunities that will give commercial benefit or insight
• Provide day to day support to the Allocators and Trainee Branch Merchandiser
• Responsible for the training, coaching and development of the Allocators and Trainee Branch Merchandiser to ensure they can deliver in their activities and personal objectives to the highest standard
• Take ownership for conducting regular one to one meetings and appraisals in a timely manner for your team, setting clear and achievable (SMART) objectives and ensuring development plans are in place if appropriate
• Act as a lead example to drive engagement, ensuring a high level of service is offered within the business at all times
The above list is non-exhaustive and additional duties may be required
What we look for from you:
• Experience with store allocation systems and control parameters
• Previous experience within a Branch Merchandising role
• Previous experience with space management tools and their application
• Previous experience of managing and developing a small team
• Experience of working closely with strategic suppliers
• A detailed understanding of store allocation processes and procedures
• A good understanding of stock replenishment techniques to deliver high stock availability
• Good knowledge of promotional activity and the drivers to manage efficient promotional stock replenishment
• Good knowledge of segmentation strategy and range reviews
• Commercial awareness within the retail space and an understanding of the challenges faced by stores
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to build and maintain working relationships at all levels
• Strong prioritisation, organisational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task
What’s in it for you?
• Competitive salary
• 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays)
• A contributory pension scheme
• 10% on target bonus scheme which can grow to 20%
• Employee discount scheme at The Perfume Shop and Superdrug
• An opportunity to buy and sell holiday
• Dedicated Social Committee for making work fun!
• Regular product sales and supplier events
• Free onsite parking (for roles based at our Office and Warehouse)