Scope of the Role:
We are currently seeking an individual to support our Administration Team. We are looking for someone enjoys working in a busy environment, who is passionate about working in Retail, dedicated to driving our business forward and above all, excited about their future within The Perfume Shop.
The purpose of this role is to support the Administration Team in providing an excellent level of administrative services and support across our business, supporting all Departments including our Stores.
A bit about us:
The Perfume Shop has just over 265 stores in the UK and Ireland and has been trading since 1992. Our parent company A.S Watson, which acquired us in 2005, is the largest Health and Beauty Retailer in Europe and Asia.
We are one of the UKs top fragrance retailers, and our vision is simply to be the customers first choice for fragrance purchases on the high street and online. We are best known as an employer for being placed successively in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work list from 2012 to 2015. For more information about working at The Perfume Shop visit www.theperfumeshopjobs.com.
You will be:
• Act as the first point of contact for the business by answering all external calls on the switchboard, responding to general enquiry e-mails and greeting all visitors
• Daily liaison with our Stores, Area Managers and High Wycombe Departments to support them with excellent administrative service
• Be the first point of contact with our suppliers and arrange orders for goods such as taxis, business lunches, stationary etc, for both High Wycombe office and our Stores
• Proof read, edit and convert documents and communications into the appropriate format and distribute accordingly via our internal communication system ‘The Pulse’
• Order general office supplies
• Process external mail. This includes franking and logging online, organising weekly mail out via Royal Mail. Sort and distribute all incoming post, including accepting and checking larger deliveries into our Warehouse
• Processing internal mail. This includes receiving, collating and distributing internal mail and parcels across the business
• General housekeeping duties within the warehouse such as recycling used toners, sorting pallets and ensuring the area is safe and tidy
The above list is non-exhaustive and additional duties may be required
What we look for from you:
• Good basic understanding of Word, Excel and other MS Office skills are essential
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal are essential
• Previous experience of having worked within a busy role requiring you to organise your own workload
• Previous experience of having worked within a Retail environment is desirable