Scope of the Role
The purpose of this role is to design digital / online learning content for the Retail, Head Office and Warehouse teams. Collaborating with departments across the business to understand learning aims and requirements, identifying learning objectives, writing story boards and using rapid development tools, in line with The Perfume Shop’s banding and tone of voice.
A bit about us:
The Perfume Shop has c.260 stores in the UK and Ireland and has been trading since 1992. Our parent company A.S Watson, which acquired us in 2005, is the largest Health and Beauty Retailer in Europe and Asia.
We are one of the UKs top fragrance retailers, and our vision is simply to be the customers first choice for fragrance purchases on the high street and online. We are best known as an employer for being placed successively in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work list from 2012 to 2015 and in 2018 we are proud to say we were voted The Fragrance Foundation National Retailer of the Year.
For more information about working at The Perfume Shop visit www.theperfumeshopjobs.com
Any personal data that you provide to The Perfume Shop (data controller) will be processed in line with applicable data protection laws and will be used only for the purpose of recruitment.
We will keep your personal information for 6 months after which we will anonymise it – this is unless you decide to extend this period by logging into your profile on the OTYS site.
You can always choose to anonymise your data earlier by logging into your profile.
You will be:
• Design, create, develop and promote professional online material that will be compatible with and integrate with our Learning Management System (LMS).
• Apply instructional design theory to create storyboards, scripts, learning content and assessment materials for new online modules.
• Evaluate existing learning materials and convert to online content using best practice methodologies.
• Quality checking of all developed content through user testing, proof-reading, understanding the user experience and maintaining The Perfume Shop’s tone of voice across all content.
• Create online, engaging and interactive resources to meet stakeholder needs using current online learning software such as rapid development tools, images, graphics, video and audio.
• Work with the internal Graphic Design team and external suppliers to create visually engaging and brand compliant graphics that are effective from a learner and cost perspective when needed.
• Produce and maintain detailed and accurate key content and project documentation including content outlines, storyboard, assessment material, assets list and transcripts during the project lifecycle.
• Maintain high standards of service through effective communication and timely response, identifying and dealing with stakeholder issues and queries.
• Support the People & Development Digital Transformation Project Lead in identifying training and employee development needs moving towards a blended learning approach to train employees.
• Work from different locations to support the creation of learning content.
• Stay up to date with the latest learning technology and provide recommendations.
The above list is non-exhaustive and additional duties may be required
What we look for from you:
• Experience of Administration / management of an LMS system i.e Cornerstone
• Experience of developing online, engaging and interactive resources to meet needs using current online software.
• Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Software (including Adobe Premiere Pro)
• Proven up to date expertise in the use of rapid development tools and processes used in the delivery of online materials.
• Experience in creating, writing and developing online learning content.
• Ability to engage with complex and unfamiliar subject matter.
• Ability to manage change and deliver continuous improvement.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and deliver against agreed deadlines.
• Proven knowledge in producing technology based learning and assessment materials using a wide range of tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Articulate and other standard online development tools.
• A good knowledge of learning principles and theories with the ability to apply these practically.
• Attention to detail ensuring quality in the delivery of service.
• Excellent writing skills with attention to detail.
• Strong communication skills and an ability to work effectively with stakeholders.
• Excellent organisational and analytical skills.
What’s in it for you?
• Competitive salary
• 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays)
• A contributory pension scheme
• 10% on target bonus scheme which can grow to 20%
• Employee discount scheme at The Perfume Shop and Superdrug
• An opportunity to buy and sell holiday
• Dedicated Social Committee for making work fun!
• Regular product sales and supplier events
• Free onsite parking (for roles based at our Office and Warehouse)
To find out more information about working at The Perfume Shop please visit www.theperfumeshopjobs.com.