Scope of the Role
The purpose of this role is to support the business and Finance Team with all aspects of cash and banking.
A bit about us:
The Perfume Shop has c.260 stores in the UK and Ireland and has been trading since 1992. Our parent company A.S Watson, which acquired us in 2005, is the largest Health and Beauty Retailer in Europe and Asia.
We are one of the UKs top fragrance retailers, and our vision is simply to be the customers first choice for fragrance purchases on the high street and online. We are best known as an employer for being placed successively in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work list from 2012 to 2015 and in 2018 we are proud to say we were voted The Fragrance Foundation National Retailer of the Year.
For more information about working at The Perfume Shop visit www.theperfumeshopjobs.com
Any personal data that you provide to The Perfume Shop (data controller) will be processed in line with applicable data protection laws and will be used only for the purpose of recruitment.
We will keep your personal information for 6 months after which we will anonymise it – this is unless you decide to extend this period by logging into your profile on the OTYS site.
You can always choose to anonymise your data earlier by logging into your profile.
You will be:
• Take accountability for being the first point of contact for Store and Area Manager queries
• Ensure you load and reconcile Sterling and Euro Bank Statements in a timely manner
• Be responsible for completing the weekly reporting to Hong Kong
• Ensure the finance post from Stores is opened and managed daily
• Be accountable for investigating discrepancies relating to cash and cards between bank statements and The Perfume Shop’s reconciliation system, whilst raising queries to the relevant Stores and/or Area Managers
• Be responsible for ensuring Love2Shop vouchers are accurately counted, reconciled and sent to the appropriate locations in the required timeframe, whilst investigating discrepancies where required
• Provide support to the Cash Manager and the wider business with all aspects of cash and banking
• Assist the Cash Manager with month end and cash flow postings, and store collection schedules
• Support new store openings for all cash and banking requirements and procedures
• Ensure you report on shorts and overs in a timely manner
The above list is non-exhaustive and additional duties may be required
What we look for from you:
• Demonstrable organisational, prioritisation and time management skills, with the ability to ensure accuracy at all time whilst working to deadlines
• Strong communication skills with the ability to build working relationships
• Proven ability to provide excellent customer service at all times
• Demonstrable numerical skills
• Good working knowledge of MS Office programs
What’s in it for you?
• Competitive salary
• 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays)
• A contributory pension scheme
• 10% on target bonus scheme which can grow to 20%
• Employee discount scheme at The Perfume Shop and Superdrug
• An opportunity to buy and sell holiday
• Dedicated Social Committee for making work fun!
• Regular product sales and supplier events
• Free onsite parking (for roles based at our Office and Warehouse)
Cypress House, Coronation Road, Cressex Business Park, HIGH WYCOMBE HP12 3SU GBR