Scope of the Role
Working together with the HR Manager the purpose of the role is to deliver an effective, timely and commercially focused HR generalist service to the Retail Team
A bit about us:
The Perfume Shop has 258 stores in the UK and Ireland and has been trading since 1992. Our parent company A.S Watson, which acquired us in 2005, is the largest Health and Beauty Retailer in Europe and Asia.
We are one of the UKs top fragrance retailers, and our vision is simply to be the customers first choice for fragrance purchases on the high street and online. We are best known as an employer for being placed successively in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work list from 2012 to 2015. For more information about working at The Perfume Shop visit www.theperfumeshopjobs.com.
You will be:
• Deal with day to day HR queries at all levels by phone, email and in person, ensuring that Company policies and procedures are followed and ensure legal compliance, escalating to the HR Manager where appropriate
• Provide coaching and advice to line managers on all people related issues, including but not limited to proactive management of absence, performance and disciplinary and grievance issues
• Work with employees and line managers, to ensure HR policy and processes are applied fairly and consistently to ensure good standards of people management
• Act as a specialist advisor and expert on all employee relations issues, to ensure successful and timely resolution and mitigation of risk
• Advise and support on all disciplinary and grievance issues to successful resolution either in the capacity of note taker and support or lead advisor
• Write comprehensive, accurate and timely outcome letters to all formal meetings. Maintain all paperwork in relation to employee relations issues accurately and in a timely manner and keep all files updated and easily accessible
• Take notes at formal meetings where needed
• Manage both the formal and informal flexible working process for employees in designated business area(s).
• Provide advice and guidance on the maternity, paternity and parental leave process, including the associated paperwork.
• Manage an allocated caseload in relation to long term sickness, proactively managing each case to successful conclusion
• Keep up to date on relevant changes in legislation and HR Policies and procedures and apply to role, as well as sharing knowledge with People Advisors and wider People Team.
• Ensure all relevant paperwork is given to the People Services team regarding to ensure payroll related changes are processed accurately in line with monthly payroll schedules
• Ensure changes to employee status (eg suspension, sickness absence, maternity) are promptly communicated to the Payroll team
• Provide coaching and support to the People Co-Ordinator
• Contribute to the production of the monthly People Report
• Travel to sites across the UK
The above list is non-exhaustive and additional duties may be required
What we look for from you:
• Previous experience within an HR Advisor role or similar role
• Likely to be studying for CIPD Level 5 and/or have already achieved a Level 3 qualification
• Up-to-date and thorough knowledge of employment legislation
• Experience of having advised and coached Line Managers on a broad range of HR issues
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Great active listening skills and ability to interpret information correctly
• Good MS Office Skills
• Ability to put together presentations and present
• Ability to influence
• Excellent investigative skills
• Able to demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail
• Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and juggle priorities
• Full UK Driving License is essential as some travel will be required
• Previous experience of having worked within a faced paced Retail environment would be a distinct advantage
What’s in it for you?
• Competitive salary
• 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays)
• A contributory pension scheme
• 10% on target bonus scheme which can grow to 20%
• Employee discount scheme at The Perfume Shop and Superdrug
• An opportunity to buy and sell holiday
• Dedicated Social Committee for making work fun!
• Regular product sales and supplier events
• Free onsite parking (for roles based at our Office and Warehouse)
To find out more information about working at The Perfume Shop please visit www.theperfumeshopjobs.com.
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply