A bit about the role...
The purpose of this role is to lead the budgeting and forecasting cycles, challenging and delivering insight into the KPI and P&L trends. This role is also responsible for delivering store investment analytics to enable decision making and gain approval.
This is a 12 month maternity cover contract starting end of March 2020.
What we will look for from you...
- Lead the budgeting and quarterly forecasting cycles, ensuring the process and submits are robust and ensuring the process is continually reviewed for improvements
- Be responsible for delivering budgets and forecasts to planned timescales for P&L and all KPI items, liaising with and challenging cost centre managers where appropriate, demonstrating a detailed understanding of the business
- Manage the submissions of P&L, KPI, Balance Sheet and Cashflow to Group Finance via group schedules
- Provide monthly analysis and commentary on variance to budget, forecast and last year as well as understanding the impacts and drivers
- Assist with presentations and management reporting to deliver analysis to Group on a monthly and/or quarterly basis for the total company or store group level
- Ensure the budgets and forecasts are uploaded into Oracle Financials in a timely manner
- Take ownership for all Capex investment proposals and post investment analysis, including but not limited to new stores, refits and store lease renewals
- Analyse and interpret financial data, providing management with clear recommendations to drive business decisions both accurately and logically
- Provide day to day support to the FP&A Analyst
- Train, Coach and Develop the FP&A Analyst
- Take ownership for conducting regular one to one meetings and appraisals in a timely manner for your team, setting clear and achievable (SMART) objectives and ensuring development plans are in place
- Act as a lead example to drive
engagement, ensuring a high level of service is offered within the
business at all times
This list is non exhaustive and other ad-hoc duties may be required.
Essential Experience, Knowledge & Skills required...
- Previous experience in a similar role as either:
- A strong FP&A analyst, previously operating under a FP&A Manager, ready to take full ownership at a Senior Analyst level or:
- A strong FP&A analyst in a smaller retailer, or;
- A strong Management Accountant with budgeting experience who is seeking a step up and exposure
- Strong budgeting and forecasting experience
- Experience in one or more of the top ERP systems, preferably Oracle Financials would be an advantage
- Ideally passed finalist, fully qualified or qualified by experience
- Ability to analyse and interpret financial data
- Demonstrable ability to organise, priortise and manage time effectively, delivering accuracy at all times, in a fast paced environment
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
Desirable Experience & knowledge...
- Experience of store investment proposals and analysis
- A working knowledge of either Retail or FMCG
A little bit about us
The Perfume Shop has c.260 stores in the UK and Ireland and has been trading since 1992. Our parent company A.S Watson, which acquired us in 2005, is the largest Health and Beauty Retailer in Europe and Asia.
We are one of the UKs top fragrance retailers, and our vision is simply to be the customers first choice for fragrance purchases on the high street and online. We are best known as an employer for being placed successively in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work list from 2012 to 2015.
For more information about working at The Perfume Shop visit www.theperfumeshopjobs.com
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply