A BIT ABOUT THE ROLE
20 hours per week
The Team Leader role in our store is an important part of the stores management team. Being part of this management team means holding responsibility for the store's team, sales, stock, operations and brand standards. It is important therefore for our Team Leaders to have a desire to take on this responsibility and be eager to grow themselves and their career with us.
• Use your talent to guide and motivate each member of the store team to drive sales in store
• Convert every customer you serve through the use of all available options, eg store to door, price matching
• Deliver The Perfume Shop’s “The Perfect Service” to every customer you serve and coach all team members to do the same
• Offer every customer a TPS reward card and register their details and monitor daily store performance
• Strive to achieve a 100% customer love score when the store is mystery shopped by consistently providing excellent customer service
• Show your spark and passion when selling our products and brands and inspire other employees to do the same
• Work with the Store Manager to set the daily sales and KPI target for the store
• Set up new promotional campaigns with the Store Manager to ensure the store is merchandised to a high standard in line with Company policy and monitor impact on sales
• Monitor conversion in store with the Store Manager ensuring that targets are met
• Review customer love scores with the Store Manager to make improvements where necessary
• Ensure that the store iPAD is being used effectively by everyone in store
• Ensure the store is opened and closed at the correct times utilising all key holders and following the security procedures
• Take the lead on deliveries, stocktakes and stock inventory ensuring that stock levels are correct and accounted for
• Be aware of the store’s rota and payroll budget and work with the Store Manager to effectively cover the store
• Prior to the absence of the Store Manager (eg holiday) support them in preparing and issuing accurate store rotas so that payments can be made correctly and on time
• Support the Store Manager to ensure all store procedures are followed correctly in line with Policy
• Support the Store Manager in the prevention of stock loss including theft, damages, breakage and transactional errors, and ensure actions are implemented to minimise stock loss
• Have an understanding of the stock and sales reports and work with your Store Manager to analyse these to positively trade your store
• Together with the Store Manager build a good quality relationship with the Centre management and security teams
• Report any operational issues quickly and understand who your main points of contact are at High Wycombe (eg People, Allocations, IT, Property)
• Work with your Store Manager to effectively control store operational costs
• Process refunds and exchanges in line with Policy
• Take responsibility and carry out health and safety checks in store when needed and ensure the store is clean and tidy
• On occasion attend out of hours store alarm call outs (over 18 only)
• Every day work with the Store Manager to motivate the store team to deliver great results
• Ensure all tasks are completed on time and to a high standard through effective delegation to members of the team
• Support the Store Manager to ensure that all Company information received on the Pulse is communicated to everyone in the store team in a timely manner
• Support the Store Manager with standard people processes and procedures, eg new hires, new starters including correctly obtaining the right to work before the employee starts, processing leavers, return to work interviews and supporting new employees through their training period
• When the Store Manager is absent (eg holiday) make sure that all the essential people matters get done, including hiring and setting up new starters including correctly obtaining the right to work before the employee starts. Dealing with day to day issues to ensure the smooth running of the store
• Cover gap shifts where possible to ensure your store trades effectively and cover other stores when required
• Manage your own learning about all products and ensure that you provide team members the opportunity to do the same
• Attend regional and training events as required and share feedback and learning
WHAT WE LOOK FOR FROM YOU
• You’ve already worked in a customer facing environment whether this is retail, hospitality or other service driven sector
• You have a talent at achieving set KPIs and targets
• You’re passionate about delivering great customer service
• You’re able to work under pressure at times especially at Christmas!
• You’re willing to ensure the Store runs smoothly when the Store Manager is absent
• You love working in a team, organising things day to day and passing your knowledge on to others. It would be desirable if you already have some experience of managing a team!
• You have knowledge of our competitors – or may have worked previously for one and take an active interest in what is happening in retail
THE PAY, BENEFITS AND PERKS
A healthy on target bonus
20% employee discount
Discount at Superdrug
Plenty of opportunity for training and development
up to 4% contributory pension scheme
Charity giving through payroll
Retail Trust (employee support)
Childcare scheme and plenty of in store incentives.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT US
We opened our first three retail stores here at The Perfume Shop over 25 years ago in 1992. Since then we have grown to be the largest single category fragrance retailer in the UK and we were awarded The Fragrance Foundation 2018 national fragrance retailer of the year!
Our brand has become widely recognised across the UK and Ireland by our ever increasing presence on the high street and online, and we are proud to be owned by the A.S. Watson Group, the world's largest health and beauty retailer. The A.S. Watson Group are also known in the UK for owning Superdrug and Savers.
With year on year objectives of growing our business we are well known for offering great fragrance deals on the high street and being the 'go to' experts for service. This is proved with our top 20 placements in the past few years in the well known Which? High Street Shops Satisfaction Survey.
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply