A bit about the role...
The purpose of this role is to support the People Team to run effectively by planning and coordinating key activities for the Retail People Team in an efficient and timely manner.
Key Duties / Responsibilities...
- Act as a first point of contact for day to day store and retail employee people queries at all levels by phone, email and in person, escalating to the relevant Retail People Team member where appropriate.
- Provide basic guidance to Store Managers and employees on the People Policies and Procedures contained within the People Book. This includes but is not limited to absence and attendance, performance, disciplinary and grievance, flexible working, maternity, paternity and parental leave.Escalate issues to the Junior People Advisor or People Partner Retail for advice and/or resolution as appropriate.
- Support the Retail People Team with the organisation of disciplinary and grievance hearing(s) for Store employees including the booking of venues, liaising with employees regarding diaries and work rotas, arranging dates, diary management, and issuing of all necessary formal paperwork to required timescales and deadlines.
- Support the Retail People Team with investigations relating to Disciplinary and Grievances issues by scheduling relevant meetings, collating the evidence and preparing letters.
- Work with various other departments to gather supporting information for employee relations cases e.g. Internal Audit, Customer Service and Finance.
- Support with the management and progression of sickness absence cases liaising with Occupational Health and preparing employee referrals for review as required. Support with preparing paperwork and making arrangements for final absence reviews.
- Support with the management of all Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Leave.
- Support with the production of data for Regional meetings and putting together information and for presentations.
- Attend various people meetings as a note taker.Ensure all employee relations trackers are kept up to date on a weekly basis.
- Support the Junior People Advisor in ensuring the People Policies and Procedures are kept up to date and are legislatively compliant.
- Ensure all employee details are kept accurate and up to date both on file and on the HR systems including weekly scanning of paperwork into the system.
- Work with the People Services Team to ensure that the filing room is kept tidy with all paperwork filed appropriately, and that archiving takes place at least monthly.
- Contribute to all People initiatives on topics such as Performance Management, Talent & Succession planning etc.
- Support the rollout of the Engagement Surveys.
- Produce ad-hoc letters in relation to various People matters.
- Produce monthly and ad-hoc reports as required.
- Collating data for SAR requests.
- Travel to store sites, as and when required across UK and ROI.
The above list is non-exhaustive and additional duties may be required.
- Previous experience within a HR function or a similar role.
- Good MS Office Skills and some experience of having used a HRIS system.
- Excellent verbal communication skills especially over the telephone.
- Great active listening skills and ability to interpret information correctly.
- Able to write clear communications by email and take detailed accurate notes.
- Able to demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail.
- Able to fact find, establish facts and investigate.
- Very organised, and able to process paperwork accurately and effectively.
- Able to work quickly, under pressure, in a fast paced environment and juggle priorities.
- Ability to travel to various locations nationwide including some air travel.
- Previous experience of having worked within a fast paced Retail environment would be a distinct advantage
- Prior experience of providing advice and guidance on People Policies and Procedures to Managers and employees would be a distinct advantage.
- Prior experience of updating People Policies and Procedures.
- Full U.K. Driving licence.
- Some basic knowledge of HRIS such as Oracle or other data systems would be an advantage.
A little bit about us...
The Perfume Shop has c.260 stores in the UK and Ireland and has been trading since 1992. Our parent company A.S Watson, which acquired us in 2005, is the largest Health and Beauty Retailer in Europe and Asia.
We are one of the UKs top fragrance retailers, and our vision is simply to be the customers first choice for fragrance purchases on the high street and online. We are best known as an employer for being placed successively in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work list from 2012 to 2015.
For more information about working at The Perfume Shop visit www.theperfumeshopjobs.com
Contracted Hours - 37.5 hours Monday to Friday
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply