A bit about the role...
The purpose of this role is to support the Business and Finance team in managing key areas of income and cost, ensuring high standards of accounting, reconciliation, reporting and forecasting are maintained at all times, delivering insightful analysis to support the business’ decision making.
What we will look for from you...
This is an excellent opportunity for a recent Accounting and Finance graduate looking to step into a Finance Analyst position.
Key Duties / Responsibilities will include...
- Ensure the day to day management and reporting of key business income and/or cost lines are completed
- Deliver weekly business reporting, accurately and on time
- Report on the daily sales and margin
- For the areas of responsibility, you will be responsible for:
- Preparing monthly prepayments, accruals and journal postings
- Providing monthly balance sheet reconciliations monthly
- Providing flash forecasts monthly
- Deliver the month end P&L, providing meaningful variance analysis to budget, forecast and last year
- Deliver the annual budget and quarterly forecast including reviewing and challenging with the relevant budget holders
- Liaise with auditors as required
- Ensure ad-hoc analysis is completed as required
Essential Knowledge & Skills...
- Ideally a Graduate with a 2:1 or higher in Accounting and Finance, Maths or related degree with a keen interest to study
- Good Excel skills
- Demonstrable organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and manage time effectively in a fast paced environment
- High attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
Desirable Knowledge & Skills...
- Experience in one or more of the top ERP systems, preferably Oracle Financials
- Previous experience of working in a similar role within the retail industry
A little bit about us
The Perfume Shop has c.260 stores in the UK and Ireland and has been trading since 1992. Our parent company A.S Watson, which acquired us in 2005, is the largest Health and Beauty Retailer in Europe and Asia.
We are one of the UKs top fragrance retailers, and our vision is simply to be the customers first choice for fragrance purchases on the high street and online. We are best known as an employer for being placed successively in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work list from 2012 to 2015.
For more information about working at The Perfume Shop visit www.theperfumeshopjobs.com.
Contracted Hours - 37.5 Monday to Friday
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply