A bit about the role...
The purpose of this role is to take ownership of processes within the day to day operations of the Warehouse, with focus on delivering an exceptional service to customers both internally and externally.
This is a 12 month FTC working full time hours.
What we will look for from you...
- Manage the Warehouse start-up procedures – ensuring daily workload is ready for the Retail and eCommerce teams
- Plan resources to maximise efficiency and ensure operational requirements are successfully maintained
- Manage the daily work plan and adapt this as necessary throughout the work day
- Manage and organise daily picking and packing requirements
- Monitor picking and packing processes for accuracy and to ensure customer orders are fulfilled
- Monitor accuracy and organisation during unloading/receiving of all inbound goods/returned product
- Adhere to stock management processes
- Build and maintain relationships with key internal and external customers
- Liaise with the Supply Chain teams on a daily basis to monitor and improve processes
- Assist with the Warehouse stock takes on a regular basis using the warehouse management system (WMS), this includes preparation, entry of stock levels, analysis and investigating discrepancies
- Ensure all Process Maps and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are reviewed regularly and amended if required
- Maintain high housekeeping standards by clearing rubbish, making sure the work space is clean and tidy
- Maintain high standards of Health & Safety, and security at all time in line with company policies
- Assist in any
areas of the Warehouse where workload requires
- Ensure all employees within the team are fully trained and have relevant objectives set including a development plan throughout the year
- Promote engagement within the Warehouse
The above list is non-exhaustive and additional duties may be required
Essential Skills and Knowledge..
- Ability to work accurately and methodically
- Good MS Office skills particularly in Excel
- Good communication skills
- Flexible approach to duties and tasks
- Able to work well as part of a team
- Good understanding of customer deliverables and the impact of failure / cost of poor quality or service
- Previous Line Management responsibility
- Previous experience of working in a Retail Warehouse environment
- Experience working within eCommerce
- FLT Licence
A little bit about us...
The Perfume Shop has c.260 stores in the UK and Ireland and has been trading since 1992. Our parent company A.S Watson, which acquired us in 2005, is the largest Health and Beauty Retailer in Europe and Asia.
We are one of the UKs top fragrance retailers, and our vision is simply to be the customers first choice for fragrance purchases on the high street and online. We are best known as an employer for being placed successively in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work list from 2012 to 2015. For more information about working at The Perfume Shop visit www.theperfumeshopjobs.com.
Contracted Hours - 12 month FTC working full time hours.
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply