A bit about the role
The purpose of this role is to work as part of the IT Infrastructure & Support Team supporting the windows server infrastructure and local network and to resolve issues relating to Stores, Head Office and the Warehouse.
Hours of work for this role will be on a shift basis, covering hours from 7:00am to 8:00pm. Weekend work will also be required on a rota basis and hours are subject to change during our peak trading times.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Assist in ensuring the daily checklist is completed, monitored and that any issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Monitor system backups and logging issues, escalating to a senior member of the team as required
- Assist the Senior IT Infrastructure Support Technician and IT Infrastructure & Support Manager in ensuring the required checks are completed on the servers and monitors for alerts, whilst logging and flagging up issues with a senior member of the team where necessary
- Resolve 1st and 2nd line support issues in a timely manner, escalating any unresolved issues and 3rd line support matters to the Senior IT Infrastructure Support Technician and IT Infrastructure & Support Manager
- Ensure tickets are being picked up and that all IT system queries are answered in a timely manner
- Use in-house call logging software to ensure all Store, Head Office and Warehouse queries via telephone and/or email are tracked and resolved in a timely manner
- Work alongside the Senior IT Infrastructure Support Technician and IT Infrastructure & Support Manager on projects
- Develop and maintain strong working relationship with the Systems Team, our Stores, Head Office and Warehouse Departments
- Support the team with job schedules
- Ensure calls are logged with third party suppliers in a timely manner
- Maintain the Microsoft Active Directory environment ensuring that all user and computer accounts are accurate.
- Assist in the auditing of IT hardware and software license compliance
- Provide out of hours support for Stores, Head Office and Warehouse on a rota basis
- Assist in supporting the windows server and network infrastructure, escalating any issues to a senior team member where required
- Ensure all user accounts are created and monitored in line with the Internet, Email and System Use policies
- Setup, configure and provide IT support for all Windows Servers, laptops, desktops, iPads and iPhones
- Assisting in the support of all other business applications including but not limited to Warehouse, EPOS and ERP
This list is non exhaustive and other ad-hoc duties may be required.
Essential experience, knowledge and skills
- Experience of using call logging software
- Experience of having worked within a retail or FMCG environment
- Working knowledge of desktop operating systems (Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7) and Microsoft Office applications
- Previous knowledge and experience of PC and Laptop builds including configuration
- Broad understanding of system checks and logging
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to build strong working relationships
- Able to demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Strong organisational, prioritisation and time management skills
- A full driving license as some travel may be expected
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience within a Microsoft windows domain
- Knowledge of windows server operating systems (2003/2008/2012/2016)
- Experience with network troubleshooting
A little bit about us
The Perfume Shop has c.260 stores in the UK and Ireland and has been trading since 1992. Our parent company A.S Watson, which acquired us in 2005, is the largest Health and Beauty Retailer in Europe and Asia.
We are one of the UKs top fragrance retailers, and our vision is simply to be the customers first choice for fragrance purchases on the high street and online. We are best known as an employer for being placed successively in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work list from 2012 to 2015.
For more information about working at The Perfume Shop visit www.theperfumeshopjobs.com
Contracted hours of work for this role will be on a shift basis, covering hours from 7:00am to 8:00pm. Weekend work will also be required on a rota basis and hours are subject to change during our peak trading times.
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply