A bit about the role
The purpose of this role is to drive brand engagement for The Perfume Shop’s social media channels and to deliver strategic plans for each.
This is a full time, 6-9 month Fixed Term Contract covering maternity leave.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Take accountability for understanding audience behaviour on key social channels, and for implementing suitable content on each.
- Work with the Social Manager to deliver forecasted KPI measurements to understand the performance and growth potential of social
- Assist the Social Manager on paid social activities, whilst analysing the results and making recommendations
- Act as the main point of contact for day to day queries with third party suppliers and agencies
- Produce summaries and dashboards of all activity and results, measuring achievements against objectives and working proactively to make suggestions and recommendations based on KPIs to review with the Social Manager
- Be responsible for maximising engagement and reach across digital platforms, whilst generating and maintaining brand advocates
- Be proactive in utilising search, social listening tools and trend data to identify new content opportunities, whilst sharing ideas with the relevant team members and creating a 360 plan to react to these
- Continue to test new features and campaigns to evaluate engagement, responsiveness, and lead-gen performance
- Research emerging social media platforms, trends, applications and customer target behaviour, ensuring you share the findings with the wider team
- Work with the Social Manager to contribute towards the development of the social media strategy, ensuring this is delivered within the agreed timeframes
- Work with the Social Media Content Creator to ensure the social media calendar is developed and maintained across all platforms, reviewing this to ensure innovative ideas and content are shared and implemented
- Provide the Social Media Content Creator with day to day support, whilst proactively identifying developmental opportunities and training needs
- Assist in the training and coaching of the Social Media Content Creator to an acceptable standard with the relevant applications
- Take ownership for conducting regular one to one meetings and appraisals in a timely manner, setting clear and achievable objectives and ensuring development plans are in place
- Act as a lead example to drive engagement and ensure a high level of service is offered within the business
- Take accountability for developing and maintaining positive working relationships
The above list is non-exhaustive and additional duties may be required
- Previous experience in a social media or digital role
- Previous experience of analysing digital data, and/or working closely with an Analyst to review social or marketing performance
- A relevant qualification or relevant knowledge gained through experience
- Experience using Ad Manager and Social Insight
- A strong passion for social and data
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to pitch to key stakeholders with confidence whilst working with key suppliers
- Strong communication and networking skills
- The ability to provide a great attention to detail
- Strong MS Office skills
- Strong creative and copy writing skills
- Previous supervisory or mentoring experience
- Experience of utilising social listening tools
- Working Knowledge of Google Analytics
A little bit about us
The Perfume Shop has c.260 stores in the UK and Ireland and has been trading since 1992. Our parent company A.S Watson, which acquired us in 2005, is the largest Health and Beauty Retailer in Europe and Asia.
We are one of the UKs top fragrance retailers, and our vision is simply to be the customers first choice for fragrance purchases on the high street and online. We are best known as an employer for being placed successively in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work list from 2012 to 2015.
For more information about working at The Perfume Shop visit www.theperfumeshopjobs.com
Contracted Hours - Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:30pm
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply