A bit about the role...
Working with the Senior FP&A Analyst, the purpose of this role is to deliver the budgeting and forecasting cycles, challenging and delivering insight into the KPI and P&L trends. This role is also responsible for delivering store investment analytics to enable decision making and gain approval.
Key Duties / Responsibilities...
- Be responsible for delivering budgets and forecasts to planned timescales for P&L and all KPI items, liaising with and challenging cost centre managers where appropriate, demonstrating a detailed understanding of the business
- Assist in completing the P&L, KPI, Balance Sheet and Cashflow to Group Finance via group schedules
- Ensure the budgets and forecasts are uploaded into Oracle Financials in a timely manner
- Take ownership for all lease renewals and stockroom approvals, ensuring approval gained in a timely manner
- Assist in modelling capex investment proposals and post investment analysis, including but not limited to new stores and refits
- Key point of contact for Group Finance, responding to queries in an accurate and timely manner
- Deliver period end reporting packs to the management teams
- Analyse and interpret financial data, providing management with clear recommendations to drive business decisions both accurately and logically
Essential Experience & Skills...
- Previous experience in a similar role as either:
- A strong FP&A analyst in a smaller retailer, or;
- A strong Management Accountant with budgeting experience who is seeking a step up and exposure, or;
- A Data analyst who is used to compiling data to spot trends, delivers analysis to aid decision making
- Strong budgeting and forecasting experience
- Experience in one or more of the top ERP systems, preferably Oracle Financials would be an advantage
- Ability to analyse and interpret financial data
- Demonstrable ability to organise, prioritise and manage time effectively, delivering accuracy at all times, in a fast-paced environment
- Good Excel skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
Desirable Experience & Knowledge...
- Experience of store investment proposals and analysis
- A working knowledge of either Retail or FMCG
A little bit about us...
The Perfume Shop has c.260 stores in the UK and Ireland and has been trading since 1992. Our parent company A.S Watson, which acquired us in 2005, is the largest Health and Beauty Retailer in Europe and Asia.
We are one of the UKs top fragrance retailers, and our vision is simply to be the customers first choice for fragrance purchases on the high street and online. We are best known as an employer for being placed successively in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work list from 2012 to 2015.
For more information about working at The Perfume Shop visit www.theperfumeshopjobs.com.
Contracted Hours - 37.5 hours Monday to Friday
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply