A bit about the role...
The purpose of this role is to manage and develop a small team, supporting the business and Finance team in managing key areas of cost/income, ensuring high standards of accounting, reporting and forecasting, interpreting results and trends to deliver insight to the Commercial teams to assist in decision making.
Key Duties / Responsibilities ...
- Be accountable for working with the Commercial team to maximise gross and net margin through delivering accurate and timely reporting, promotional and supplier analysis and sensitivity analysis to support decision making
- Work with the CRM team to drive the profitability and KPI performance through delivering concise and timely management information and strong analytics to support decision making
- Take responsibility for presenting insights and recommendations on business performance, including but not limited to identifying opportunities for cost reduction, revenue generation and profit maximisation
- Challenge and support senior management to improve performance and manage risks and opportunities
- Support the delivery of insightful analysis through the development of tools and models
- Support the Commercial Analysts in ensuring team deadlines are met and that there is a high level of accuracy within the team
- Lead the team in budgeting, forecasting and managing the month-end processes for areas of responsibility including but not limited to:
- Monthly prepayments, accruals and journal postings
- Monthly flash forecasts
- Delivering the month end P&L, providing meaningful variance analysis to budget, forecast and last year
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Delivering the budget and quarterly forecasts following review with budget holders
- Liaise with Auditors on Year End accounts, ensuring you explain the prepayments/accruals held at year end
- Support on ad hoc corporate or departmental initiatives/projects, driven by the corporate agenda
- Provide day to day support to the Commercial Analysts
- Train, Coach and Develop the Commercial Analysts
- Take ownership for conducting regular one to one meetings and appraisals in a timely manner for your team, setting clear and achievable (SMART) objectives and ensuring development plans are in place
- Act as a lead example to drive engagement, ensuring a high level of service is offered within the business at all times
Essential Experience, Knowledge & Skills...
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Experience in one or more of the top ERP systems, preferably Oracle Financials would be an advantage
- Qualified Account or qualified by experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong accounting skills
- Ability to analyse and interpret financial data
- Demonstrable ability to organise, prioritise and manage time effectively, delivering accuracy at all times in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- High attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Previous Line Management experience
- Previous experience of working in a similar role in the retail industry or FMCG
A little bit about us...
The Perfume Shop has c.260 stores in the UK and Ireland and has been trading since 1992. Our parent company A.S Watson, which acquired us in 2005, is the largest Health and Beauty Retailer in Europe and Asia.
We are one of the UKs top fragrance retailers, and our vision is simply to be the customers first choice for fragrance purchases on the high street and online. We are best known as an employer for being placed successively in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work list from 2012 to 2015.
For more information about working at The Perfume Shop visit www.theperfumeshopjobs.com.
Contracted Hours - 37.5 hours Monday to Friday
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply